This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Grouping not working

8 Answers 96 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jax
Top achievements
Rank 2
Jax asked on 17 Mar 2010, 09:29 AM
Q3 2009, the grouping works fine, but after update to Q1 2010, I cannot drag the column header to the group area.

The funny thing is, the same control (which wraps the grid) is used in 2 different places. On the one place the grouping works fine, but on the other it doesn't.

Any ideas as to what could be the cause?

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Jax
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 17 Mar 2010, 09:45 AM
Found the cause:

When the grid is shown in a popup, gouping doesn't work.
Tsvyatko
Telerik team
answered on 17 Mar 2010, 09:50 AM
Hello Jax,

We aware of a problem with grouping when the GridView is places within RadWindow. We have already fixed this and it will be included in your next internal build - this Friday. However if your  case differs please send us with some additional information about the problem you are facing.

Please excuse us for any inconvenience caused.

Regards,
Tsvyatco
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Jax
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 17 Mar 2010, 09:53 AM
I am not using a RadWIndow. The grid is, however, a child of a PopUp control.

I would hazard a gues that's it's the same cause though, as I would imagine the RadWindow is using a PopUp control in the background to display?
Tsvyatko
Telerik team
answered on 17 Mar 2010, 10:11 AM
Hi Jax,

You are quite correct, the issue you are facing is the same we have encountered and fixed. The core of the problem is placing the GridView within Popup.

Best wishes,
Tsvyatko
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
MATT CANTANDO
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Apr 2010, 12:59 AM
Hi,

We have placed the RadGrid in an Overlay, which is in a child window and the grouping does not seem to work. Is there a fix for this yet? I am using Q1 2010.

Thanks

Le_Roy
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 06 Apr 2010, 07:23 AM
Anyway, I've encountered this bug when using RadWindow and Popup controls.

PS. Used RadControls 2010.1.309 for Silverlight.
Tsvyatko
Telerik team
answered on 06 Apr 2010, 03:16 PM
Hello Le_Roy,

The problem has been resolved in one of our last internal builds. You can check the attachment using the latest internal build.

If you have any other issues or questions do not hesitate to contact us.

Best wishes,
Tsvyatko
the Telerik team

Le_Roy
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 08 Apr 2010, 09:36 AM
Thanks alot. Its working ^)
Tags
GridView
Asked by
Jax
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by