This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

grid context menu lower on screen after Q2 2010

8 Answers 57 Views
Menu
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Damian Slee
Top achievements
Rank 1
Damian Slee asked on 14 May 2010, 09:45 AM
Hi, i've noticed the grid context popup menu in my application moves further down from the mouse, the further down the screen/grid i am.

For example, right click on the 1st row on the grid near top of page, and the popup menu is near the mouse.  Do it on the last row near the bottom of the page, or a seperate grid at the bottom of the page, and the popup menu is about 1inch lower on the screen than the mouse position.

I don't think i've changed anything other than upgrade to Q2.   Silverlight3.

thanks

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Hristo
Telerik team
answered on 14 May 2010, 11:28 AM
Hello Damian Slee,

Do you mean Q1 SP1 2010 or Q2 2009?
Could you send us project which we can investigate?

Greetings,
Hristo
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Damian Slee
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 May 2010, 04:24 PM
Hi, found out that is was the IE browser zoomed to 110% that was throwing the popup location off.   Occurs in the telerik demos as well.

if zoom is Less than 100% the popup menu appears further To the top left, the further away from the top left you go.
if zoom is More than 100% the popup menu appears further Away from the top left, the further away from the top left you go.
not sure if it is a fixable bug?  all the other silverlight controls move correctly when zooming in and out.

silverlight 3.  telerik Q1 2010

Hristo
Telerik team
answered on 17 May 2010, 07:11 AM
Hello Damian Slee,

We are unable to reproduce this issue. Could you send you your example so that we can investigate?

Regards,
Hristo
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Damian Slee
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 May 2010, 07:21 AM
Hi, it is easy to reproduce;

1.) Open telerik  RadControls for Silverlight, Launch Examples.   This will open a page with the telerik examples.
2.) On the bottom right of internet explorer (IE8 Windows 7), change the zoom level from 100% to 50% or 150%
3.) Click on telerik gridview examples
4.) Click on Context Menu
5.) Click on Context Menu for Grid Rows example
6.) Right click on a Row.   Depending on the screen zoom level in IE, the context menu will appear further and futher away from where you clicked.

Hristo
Telerik team
answered on 18 May 2010, 08:45 AM
Hi Damian Slee,

I have tested your scenario and there is no issue with the context menu.
I've installed RadControls_for_Silverlight_3_2010_1_0422_TRIAL.exe using IE8 and Silverlight 3.
Followed your steps adn tried with 50% and 150% zoom and there were no problems with RadContextMenu placement.
Please check that you are using the latest official release (see above) and if you still can reproduce it please send us sample project demonstrating it.

Kind regards,
Hristo
the Telerik team

Damian Slee
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 May 2010, 02:26 PM
Hi,
i have uninstalled telerik silverlight 422 and reinstalled 422.   Still get the same problem with the context menu moving when the browser zoom level is changed.   Also tried it with Chrome and get the same problem.  Tried it on XP+Chrome, same problem when changing the browser zoom level.

I don't think a simple example is going to make any difference, when the telerik example does it.

windows 7 64bit, IE8, chrome, telerik silverlight 422.
windows XP 32bit, Chrome.

Hristo
Telerik team
answered on 21 May 2010, 01:43 PM
Hi Damian Slee,

Unfortunately without a project where we can reproduce this issue we are unable to help you.
We had such problem with previous versions but is was fixed some time ago. So we cannot reproduce it anymore. This is why I am asking you to provide a project where we can reproduce it.
Also, I want to check that the assemblies version is correct 2010.1.422.1030 as well as the Silverlight version - 3 not 4 and that there are no strange margins in your startup page (.html or .aspx).

Kind regards,
Hristo
the Telerik team

Damian Slee
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Jun 2010, 09:49 AM
this appears to be fixed in 2010 Q1 SP2
Tags
Menu
Asked by
Damian Slee
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by