This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Foreign Symbols / Characters Crashing On MAC's only

4 Answers 21 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Misha
Top achievements
Rank 1
Misha asked on 11 May 2011, 08:22 PM

I have a RadComboBox that fills with people’s names, and then a RadGridView that populates with more data about the person chosen.

There is a problem only on Mac’s with character encodings, such as: Saône (The symbol above the ‘o’ causes the application to freeze and crash when trying to bind the list to the grid view/combo box itemsource).

This problem only occurs when using the app on a Mac, all the symbols work on Windows.

Has anyone experienced this or know of a fix where I won't have to replace each symbol letter for a plain english one?

Thanks,
Misha

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
0
Accepted
hwsoderlund
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 May 2011, 08:02 AM
While it is not the same bug, what you are experiencing seems similar to the bug discussed here. There is also a thread on the Silverlight.net forum. The cause for that bug is culture-sensitive string comparison, which breaks on Mac. Perhaps there is some of that going on in your own code, or even internally in the Telerik combobox.
0
Vlad
Telerik team
answered on 12 May 2011, 12:08 PM
Hello,

 Do you get the same problem with plain ListBox or this can be reproduced only with our components?

Best wishes,
Vlad
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
0
Misha
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 May 2011, 06:13 PM
Hello Vlad, 

I deployed an application and switched the RadComboBox to the plain SL combo box.

The same issue was being produced...

It slipped my mind that I used API calls to get the list of data, and the XML parser code uses the String.IndexOf function, therefore the post above solved the issue. I just needed to add the StringComparison.OrdinalIgnoreCase parameter to the IndexOf function in my XML parsers.

Thank you,
Misha
0
Misha
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 May 2011, 06:14 PM
Thank you very much, this solved the issue.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Misha
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
hwsoderlund
Top achievements
Rank 1
Vlad
Telerik team
Misha
Top achievements
Rank 1
Share this question
or