Fiddler vs. Windows 10 Creators Update & "mobileservice:13340"

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Christopher
    Christopher avatar
    1 posts

Posted 06 Jun 2017 Link to this post

I have been unable to set fiddler as the system proxy ever since updating to the Windows 10 "creators update"(Version 1703, build 15063.332). All fields on the LAN settings window are blank, and it won't let me update them. I enter "127.0.0.1" and "8888" and after the advanced settings window closes, clicking "ok" does NOTHING!!! Reinstalling fiddler ALSO does NOTHING!!!!

After one cumulative update of Windows, the problem got worse: 

" 22:17:47:1692 ! WARNING: Port 8888 is already in use (for at least some IP addresses) by 'mobileservice:13340' "

At startup, a dialog asks to reassign fiddler to a different random port. If I decline, the attached error dialog shows up.

Any suggestions?

2. Chris
    Chris avatar
    1 posts

Posted 20 Jun 2017 Link to this post

I'm having the same problem. This seems to be a problem with other developer machines where I am that have installed the Windows 10 Creator's Update (1703). I think the problem with Fiddler is a symptom and not a cause of the issue of not being able to click the OK button on the Internet Options dialog for the proxy settings. It sounds like Fiddler is just unable to change those settings for some reason or maybe Microsoft just doesn't like our first name. I will reply back to this if I find a solution.