This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

ExpressionEditorFormCreated not invoked outside RadGridView, self opening RadExpressionEditorForm 2018.R1

8 Answers 62 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
sebastien
Top achievements
Rank 1
sebastien asked on 12 Feb 2018, 05:32 PM

Hi,

I am trying to use the Expression without the initial use of a RadGridView.

Looked over Expression editor without gridview for the base inheritance.

The event ExpressionEditorFormCreated is never called.

I'm registering the hidden radGridView.ExpressionEditorFormCreated in the constructor of the form.

Thanks

Code:

public partial class FormulaEditor : RadExpressionEditorForm
{
    private static RadGridView hiddenGrid;
    private static GridViewDataColumn dataColumn;

public FormulaEditor()
        : base(dataColumn)
    {
        InitializeComponent();

hiddenGrid = new RadGridView();
        dataColumn = new GridViewTextBoxColumn();
        hiddenGrid.Columns.Add(dataColumn);
        hiddenGrid.Rows.AddNew();

hiddenGrid.ExpressionEditorFormCreated += HiddenGrid_ExpressionEditorFormCreated;
    }

private void HiddenGrid_ExpressionEditorFormCreated(object sender, ExpressionEditorFormCreatedEventArgs e)
    {
        e.ExpressionEditorForm.FormElement.TitleBar.FillPrimitive.BackColor = Color.Red;
        e.ExpressionEditorForm.ShowIcon = false;

ExpressionItemsList.Clear();

//base.LoadFieldList(null);

if (FieldList != null && !FieldList.Any())
        {
            FieldList.Clear();
        }

if (radTreeViewFunctions.Nodes.Any())
            radTreeViewFunctions.Nodes.Clear();
    }
}

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dimitar
Telerik team
answered on 13 Feb 2018, 11:30 AM
Hi Seb,

This event is raised from the menu item in the grid and it allows you to change the form. It will not be raised when the form is used this way. You can use the Load event of the form instead.

Should you have any other questions do not hesitate to ask.

Regards,
Dimitar
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
sebastien
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Feb 2018, 03:27 PM

What I'm trying to do is use the RadExpressionEditorForm for creating and editing formulas easier for our users.

But what I need to accomplish, is :

1. Getting rid of all the Telerik created default Functions, Operators, Constants and Fields
  2. Create our Functions (only 5)
  3. Create our own Fields
  4. Removing many of the operator buttons (and making the buttons left pretty with spacing)

I didn't find any examples with self opened RadExpressionEditorForm other than opening one :(

Do you think my ToDo list is possible with the RadExpressionEditor?

thank

seb

Dimitar
Telerik team
answered on 14 Feb 2018, 09:08 AM
Hello Sebastien,

Once the form is inherited you will be able to open it at design time. This will allow you to access the controls and rearrange the buttons. 

The functions controls are just two TreeViews that are used for displaying the functions and you can easily add/remove any nodes. I have attached a small project that shows a sample implementation.  

I hope this will be useful.

Regards,
Dimitar
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
sebastien
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Feb 2018, 09:38 PM

Hi,

most of the inherited controls are stuck, can't change the visible property, cannot delete them, move, anything.

Exemple with : radSeparator3

If I hide a part of buttons, let's say (first, previous, next and last), for sure I want to get rid of radSeparator3.

So is it possible?

Dimitar
Telerik team
answered on 21 Feb 2018, 09:47 AM
Hello Sebastien,

When the control is declared private in the base form you do not have a direct access to it. You can examine the control hierarchy in the Document Outline window (see attached) and then access the control via the Controls collection:
var seprarator = this.Controls[0].Controls[0].Controls[0].Controls[0].Controls[14] as RadSeparator;
seprarator.Visible = false;

I hope this will be useful. 

Regards,
Dimitar
Progress Telerik
sebastien
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Feb 2018, 03:30 PM

Thanks Dimitar,

based on you suggestion, I made a safest code I think.

Here is, if others need it :

string[] toBeHiddenControlNames = { "radSeparator2", "radSeparator3" };

foreach (var name in toBeHiddenControlNames)
{
    var foundControls = Controls.Find(name, true);
    if (foundControls.Any())
    {
        foundControls.First().Visible = false;
    }
}
sebastien
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Feb 2018, 07:34 PM

Hi Dimitar,

talking about your template project (1153051.zip), I would like to add some custom Fields within the XML file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<ExpressionItemsList>
  <!-- Custom functions -->
  <ExpressionItem Name="IF (Custom Function)" Value="IF()" Syntax="F.IF()" Type="OtherFunc">
    <Description>
      Get the value of Pi. This is a custom added function.
    </Description>
  </ExpressionItem>

<ExpressionItem Name="Test2" Value="Test2()" Syntax="Test2([List(Of Number)])" Type="OtherFunc">
    <Description>
      test2.
    </Description>
  </ExpressionItem>

<ExpressionItem Name="Test" Value="Test()" Syntax="Test([List(Of Number)])" Type="OtherFunc">
    <Description>
      test.
    </Description>
  </ExpressionItem>

<ExpressionItem Name="C.[Field1]" Value="C.[81774bab-0558-4e01-bec4-4c6454ee3481]" Syntax="C.[81774bab-0558-4e01-bec4-4c6454ee3481]" Type="Field">
    <Description>
      Field1
    </Description>
  </ExpressionItem>
</ExpressionItemsList>

The Type="Field" (Telerik.Data.Expressions.ExpressionItemType.Field) doesn't seem to do anything, I think I have the good name because I have an error if I replace it with another random name (like Fields).

I tried all others like "DateTimeFunc", "Constant" & "OtherFunc" and are all working and showing under the correct node.

I wouldn't use the radListControlFunctionsList.SelectedNodeChanged for setting the description, since every other part should answeer my needs.

thanks

seb

Accepted
Dimitar
Telerik team
answered on 23 Feb 2018, 11:54 AM
Hello Sebastien,

Yes, the field is not added from the XML, I have logged this issue on our Feedback Portal. You can track its progress, subscribe to status changes and add your comment to it here. I have also updated your Telerik Points.

To workaround this you can manually add the field: 
this.LoadFieldList(hiddenGrid.MasterTemplate);
this.FieldList.Add(new Telerik.Data.Expressions.ExpressionItem()
{ Name = "Test", Description = "Test", Syntax = "Test", Type = Telerik.Data.Expressions.ExpressionItemType.Field, Value = "Test" });

Should you have any other questions do not hesitate to ask.

Regards,
Dimitar
Progress Telerik
Tags
GridView
Asked by
sebastien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dimitar
Telerik team
sebastien
Top achievements
Rank 1