This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Excel 2003

1 Answer 70 Views
SpreadProcessing
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Miguel
Top achievements
Rank 1
Miguel asked on 22 Mar 2019, 08:00 AM

Hello, I had an application that used the excel interop, but I have changed it and now, to create the excels I use telerik, but some of my clients that use Excel 2003 have problems to open the excel created, they appear rare characters. Any ideas please? My code is something like that

string nombre= ruta + "\\excel.xls";
Workbook workbook = new Workbook();
workbook.Sheets.Add(SheetType.Worksheet);
Worksheet xlsSheet = xlsBook.ActiveWorksheet;
xlsSheet.Cells[1, 1].SetValue("prueba");
//Guardamos y abrimos la excel.
IWorkbookFormatProvider formatProvider = WorkbookFormatProvidersManager.GetProviderByName("XlsxFormatProvider");
using (Stream output = new FileStream(nombre, FileMode.Create))
{
    formatProvider.Export(workbook, output);
}

Thank you!

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Tanya
Telerik team
answered on 26 Mar 2019, 08:47 AM
Hi Miguel,

The XLS document format is currently not supported in RadSpreadProcessing. We have logged a feature request to implement import and export of XLS documents and I voted on your behalf for the implementation of the task. You can subscribe to receive notifications about changes in its status using this public item: SpreadProcessing: Support for import and export of .XLS documents. I am afraid that there isn't another component I could suggest you for working with this type of documents.

Please, let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with.

Regards,
Tanya
Progress Telerik
Get quickly and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Tags
SpreadProcessing
Asked by
Miguel
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Tanya
Telerik team
Share this question
or