This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Error 119 OpenAccess Error: Strong name validation failed (2010.1.527.2)

8 Answers 96 Views
Design Time (Visual Designer & Tools)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Urs
Top achievements
Rank 2
Urs asked on 01 Jun 2010, 03:11 PM
Hello

I try to build a class library targeting framework 2.0 with persistent classes.  The class library is signed (in Project properties).
When compiling I get the folowing errors:

Error 118 OpenAccess Error: Telerik.OpenAccess: Updating SQL schema failed. Could not load file or assembly 'QLB2010.Common.Daten, Version=0.30.3804.27233, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d8b9b2313670842' or one of its dependencies. Strong name validation failed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8013141A) QLB2010.Common.Daten 

Error 119 OpenAccess Error: Strong name validation failed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8013141A) 

If I remove the Signing it works.
If I take sample project "PersistentClasses35" it tells me the same as soon as I active "Update Database".
Any idea?

Thank you

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Damyan Bogoev
Telerik team
answered on 03 Jun 2010, 05:56 PM
Hi Urs,

You could try disabling the Sign assembly option and provide a post-build command under the Build events section of the Project's properties to sign the assembly manually.
Hope that helps.

All the best,
Damyan Bogoev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Urs
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 07 Jun 2010, 07:13 AM
Thank you Damyan for your reply

Sure this could be a workaraound...
But will it be fixed in future releases?

In Version 09.02 it was working perfectly, so I can't understand why I should go a step backwards...

Regards, Urs
Damyan Bogoev
Telerik team
answered on 07 Jun 2010, 05:59 PM
Hi Urs,

We are currently working on this issue. The fix will take part in one of the following releases of the product.
Please excuse us for the inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,
Damyan Bogoev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
hkdave95
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 14 Jun 2010, 07:46 AM
Hi

I am having the same problem and it has lost me this weekends development.

A fix would be very welcome.

Kind Regards

David
Damyan Bogoev
Telerik team
answered on 14 Jun 2010, 08:00 AM
Hi hkdave95,

The fix is part of the latest internal build of the product. You can find it under the Internal builds section in your account.
Please excuse us for the inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,
Damyan Bogoev
the Telerik team

hkdave95
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 15 Jun 2010, 07:26 AM
Hi

I applied the latest internal build but it had no effect. I am getting the same problem when signing pre build.

I tried signing post build as above and am getting the following error...

Error 34 The command ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\Bin\sn.exe" -T "C:\Users\Mr D A Robertson\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\heron\Aspnetdb_PersistentClasses\bin\Debug\Aspnetdb_PersistentClasses.dll" "C:\Users\Mr D A Robertson\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\heron\Aspnetdb_PersistentClasses\Random VS2010.snk"" exited with code 1. Aspnetdb_PersistentClasses

I am using VS2010 and Framework 4.0.

Kind Regards

David
hkdave95
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 15 Jun 2010, 07:34 AM
Hi

I just tried again and it has compiled.

It seem that something has happened over night to make it work :).

David
Damyan Bogoev
Telerik team
answered on 15 Jun 2010, 05:50 PM
Hello hkdave95,

We are glad to see that you have solved the problem.
If any other questions arise please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Sincerely yours,
Damyan Bogoev
the Telerik team

Tags
Design Time (Visual Designer & Tools)
Asked by
Urs
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Damyan Bogoev
Telerik team
Urs
Top achievements
Rank 2