This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Drag And Drop

4 Answers 145 Views
DataGrid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Steve
Top achievements
Rank 1
Steve asked on 03 Jul 2018, 10:14 PM

Looking for a way to implement row-wise drag and drop.

Currently it drags the whole grid rather than the row.

<my1:RadDataGrid
                            ItemsSource="{x:Bind client.Products.OuterList, Mode=OneWay}"
                            CanDrag="True"
                            DragStarting="CurrentProduct_DragStarting"> ...

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Didi
Telerik team
answered on 06 Jul 2018, 11:00 AM
Hi Steve,

Currently, there isn't a way to implement drag and drop functionality on a row using the RadDataGrid control for UWP. The way RadDataGrid is designed doesn't allow to distinguish the rows as separate elements that could be dragged/dropped.

I am not familiar with the exact scenario you have, still, I'd suggest you take a look at RadListView control which provides various features including reordering.

Let me know if I can assist with anything else.

Regards,
Didi
Progress Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
BrunoVT
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Oct 2018, 06:51 AM

Hello Didi,

Is it possible to do drag and drop between cells of different rows? All the data types are doubles. Maybe through a custom cell?

Kind regards

Bruno

BrunoVT
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Oct 2018, 06:56 AM

I also opened a feature request for this.

https://feedback.telerik.com/Project/167/Feedback/Details/258419-enable-drag-and-drop-between-cells-of-different-rows-in-the-datagrid

Didi
Telerik team
answered on 24 Oct 2018, 08:42 AM
Hi Bruno,

Thank you for sending this feature request. 

Regarding your question about Drag and Drop possibility in DataGrid for UWP, currently this could not be achieved. The way DataGrid is designed does not allow to distinguish the rows or cells as separate elements that could be dragged and dropped.

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Regards,
Didi
Progress Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
DataGrid
Asked by
Steve
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Didi
Telerik team
BrunoVT
Top achievements
Rank 1