3 Answers, 1 is accepted
In the help of each control there is a section called "ASP.NET 2.0 features" section, for example for the grid:
This version of r.a.d.grid is complied against the .NET 2.0 framework and offers new specific features for Microsoft's next-generation IDE - Visual Studio .NET 2005. The new release will enable developers to enjoy significant productivity gains, while delivering feature-rich, standards-compliant, AJAX-enabled, and cross-browser compatible web applications.
- More powerful VS.NET design-time support - the design-time functionality of r.a.d.grid has been enhanced to support the new version of Visual Studio .NET 2005, along with its new productivity features like Smart Tags.
- Smart Tags - r.a.d.grid takes advantage of the Smart Tags, which provide quick access to commonly used configurations from a convenient panel right within the design surface of Visual Studio .Net.
- Declarative DataSource support - using the Data access model in ASP.NET 2.0, the data access in r.a.d.grid for .NET 2.0 can be accomplished in a declarative completely manner (no code) using the new data-bound and data-source controls. They significantly simplify the representation of different data back-ends such as SQL databases, business objects, and XML files.
- Support for .NET 2.0 Themes - the themes and skins features in ASP.NET 2.0 allow for easy customization of controls appearance. You can define style information in a common location called "Theme", and apply that style information globally to pages or controls in your site. Just like Master Pages, Themes improve the maintainability of your applications and eliminate the unnecessary duplication of code for shared styles.
- Automatic Insert/Update/Delete in r.a.d.grid
With the release of r.a.d.controls for .NET 2.0, telerik will be maintaining two separate versions - one for .NET 1.x and one for .NET 2.0. The two versions will be identical in terms of features except where mandated by the platform.
I have the same probleme "System.InvalidOperationException: This control is complied for ASP.NET 1.x. Please use the ASP.NET 2.0 native version: RadTabStrip.Net2.dll", but I'm using VS 2003 with the controls NET1.
Please help me with this problem.
It seems your web site on the deployment server is set to use .NET 2.0. Please check the web site properties under section ASP.NET (see the attached screenshot for details).
the Telerik team
Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center