This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Difference in rendering ImageButton display between 2012 Q2 & 2013 Q1

2 Answers 19 Views
ImageButton
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Shantimohan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Shantimohan asked on 05 Apr 2013, 02:54 AM
For setting Height & Width to 74, the rendering of the image button display is different. In the attached picture, the left side one is using the 2013.1.219.2040 version and the right side is using the 2012.2.713.2040 version. In the latest version, the image sizes were so reduced.

Unfortunately, when I used the image buttons within a RadListBoxItem's DataTemplate, height and width = 50, the sizes were magnified, showing only a quarter of the button.

Because of this, I will have to tweak properties of all the buttons, wasting time. Is there any attribute that I can use to get the old rendering?

Is this an issue with Image Buttons only or other controls, like chart etc., also have similar one?

I use these controls in many places. It will be an headache if I have to tweak so much.

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Todor
Telerik team
answered on 09 Apr 2013, 03:25 PM
Hello Shantimohan,

Thank you for writing.

We are aware of this difference. It is caused by the fact that there was a demand that the ImageButton should have a margin similar to the native Button, something we skipped in the original version. This is why we added such a Margin and this change was made only for this control. You can easily return to the previous look by adding a negative margin of -12 to each instance of the control. This can be done easily for all image buttons in your application by adding a Style to the application's resources in App.xaml:
<Application.Resources>
    <Style TargetType="telerikPrimitives:RadImageButton">
        <Setter Property="Margin" Value="-12"/>
    </Style>
</Application.Resources>
Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,
Todor
the Telerik team
Have a suggestion or face a problem - you can use the Ideas & Feedback portal to submit ideas, feedback and vote for them.
Movie
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Nov 2013, 03:47 PM
learning
Tags
ImageButton
Asked by
Shantimohan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by