This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

DataFormatString causes VS 2010 exception and CTD

3 Answers 56 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Rob Ainscough
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob Ainscough asked on 29 Aug 2012, 10:45 PM
When editing the DataFormatString in my XAML in VS 2010 SP1 for a Telerik GridViewDataColumn like:

<telerik:GridViewDataColumn Header="Date" MaxWidth="80" MinWidth="80" Width="80" DataMemberBinding="{Binding ToDoSystemDate}" TextAlignment="Right" DataFormatString="{}{0:dd, MMM, yyyy}"/>

Will cause VS 2010 to crash to the desktop with the following error:

Visual Studio has encountered an exception.  This may be caused by an extension. ...

I'm running version 2012.2.607.1050 of RadControls.  Is this a known bug?  I have the v 2012.2.725.1050 downloaded but not installed yet ... but no mention this was fixed in .725.

Any info on this?

Thanks, Rob

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vlad
Telerik team
answered on 30 Aug 2012, 05:33 AM
Hi,

I've tried this however everything worked as expected on my end. Please check the attached screenshot for reference. 

Kind regards,
Vlad
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

Rob Ainscough
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Aug 2012, 06:41 AM
Not sure what to say Vlad,  the only extensions I have installed are Telerik.

But this is going to be very diffucult to duplicate your end and I can't send you my entire solution (too sensitive and not even NDA would be good enough).  VS 2010 memory usage at the time isn't too bad 432,100K (my PC has 32GB but no where near the 2GB/3GB 32bit thread limit).

To be clear, it happens while typing in the DataFormatString=" .... (typing here) ... " -- but sadly it does NOT always happen.  But when it does happen, it ONLY happens when I'm editing XAML for telerik:GridViewDataColumn.

Rob
dani
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Dec 2012, 01:08 PM
I get the same error, and after playing a little with the string - it crushes VS 2010 sp1.
IT pops up when I add the 0 into the string: DataFormatString="{0:dd/MM/yyyy}"

it will also not compile....
Tags
GridView
Asked by
Rob Ainscough
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Vlad
Telerik team
Rob Ainscough