I'm a software engineer working in IT organization @ Intel Corp.
Our team is currently evaluating several Silverlight third party vendors.
I would appreciate if you could answer the following questions :
1. Is there an easy way to allow excel like selection
· Column/Multiple column select and highlight. (when clicking column’s header)
· Row/Multiple row select and highlight without using the Shift/Ctl keys. (when clicking row’s header)
· Single cell selection and highlight.
· Range selection.
· Selected range/row/column/cell will override cell’s background color (if all row's cell background color is set the
user can not know a row is selected)
· 2. How can i modify row's header to present the row number (excel like) . I have looked
at http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/silverlight/gridview/gridviewdatacolumn-tooltip.aspx HOWEVER e.Row is
NEVER of type GridViewHeaderRow. (The row number inside the row header should appear right next to the drill down "+"
indicator in case it exists)
3. When building an hierarchical grid i need to customize the child rows in the following way :
a. If the width of the child rows is less than the grid width the GridView adds an empty column header that stretches until
the end of the Grid, Is there a way to remove the column header ?
b. in case there are lots of child columns the width of the child rows might be larger than the original grid and causes the
Grid to change it's scroll proportions. Is there a way to allow inner scrolling inside the child rows themselves? in this
way they will not exceed from their parent width.