This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows'

7 Answers 249 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
John Pelak
Top achievements
Rank 1
John Pelak asked on 06 Apr 2010, 02:35 PM
Hi,

On x64 Windows 7 RTM with VS2010 RC and Blend 4 RC, I'm having the following issue with the RadControls_for_Silverlight4_RC_TRIAL I recently downloaded from your site.  From a Silverlight 4 SketchFlow project that builds and works fine, I did this in Blend:

+ added reference to Telerik.Windows.Controls.Scheduler.dll
+ added a RadScheduler as a child of a panel in a <UserControl>
+ built and ran the project

The RadScheduler showed up as expected.  I then opened the same solution in VS2010 and attempted to build, but that resulted in the following error:

+ Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e' or one of its dependencies.  The system cannot find the file specified.

Upon returning to Blend, I found that I was now getting the following exception on the artboard when trying to view the UserControl to which I added the RadScheduler:

+ Exception: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
StackTrace
at MS.Internal.XcpImports.CheckHResult(UInt32 hr)
at MS.Internal.XcpImports.FrameworkElement_MeasureOverride(...)
at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.MeasureOverride(Size availableSize)
at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.MeasureOverride(...)
InnerExpection: None

Removing the RadScheduler from the UserControl cleared up this exception, and the app still builds/runs from Blend, but VS2010 is having issues with System.Windows assembly - even after removing the Telerik assembly reference from the project.

I've tried all the cures I've found posted here and on silverlight.net (run VS2010 as admin, copy Telerik assemblies to PublicAssemblies + PrivateAssembiles folders), but to no avail.

I'd appreciate any help you could provide on this - thanks!
jmp

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Teodor
Telerik team
answered on 09 Apr 2010, 05:19 PM
Hello John Pelak,

Thank you for contacting us.

We have tried to reproduce the scenario you described, however, with no success. We have used the project attached and it opens successfully in Blend 4, displays RadScheduler and manages to edit the solution in Visual Studio 2010. Can you please try to open it at your side and let us know about the output.

Feel free to send us a solution with which you exxperience issues. Thus we may get closer to some resolution.

Thank you in advance for your collaboration.

Kind regards,
Teodor
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
John Pelak
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Apr 2010, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the response.  I was able to build + launch your app once from VS2010 (it prompted me to enable silverlight debugging, and then it popped up the app with the RadScheduler.)  Immediately thereafter, I tried to rebuild and got the same error.  I've attached the screenshot to show you what it looks like in vs2010 rc.

Thanks,
jmp
Teodor
Telerik team
answered on 14 Apr 2010, 02:42 PM
Hello John,

Many new announcements by Microsoft are made recently, so we are constantly working on different compatibility issues between our controls and Silverlight 4 beta, VS 2010 RC and Blend 4 beta. In this relation, we strongly recommend you to get the latest versions of all these and try again running your project. 

For your information VS 2010 has just been announced officially, Silverlight 4 will most probably be released officially tomorrow (April 15th). The latest internal build of our controls (2010.1 0412) is the latest compatible with the current version of Silverlight 4 and the new VS, stay tuned for the service pack, containing some other major fixes, coming up soon.

Thank you for your understanding and let us know if the issue persists after the updates.

Sincerely yours,
Teodor
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Brian Wells
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Jun 2010, 03:22 PM
Hi,

Any resolution to this issue?  I have the same problem. i.e. create a vs2010 silverlight 4 application and cannot build/compile the solution w/ a simple radchart control due to the project saying "Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows".

Thanks

Dwight
Telerik team
answered on 09 Jun 2010, 12:23 PM
Hi Brian,

Please, upgrade to the latest release and try building the solution again. Do you use the final official version of the VS2010 or Beta/RC?

Sincerely yours,
Joshua
the Telerik team

Robin
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Jul 2010, 03:34 PM
Hi,

I'm using the latest VS2010 RC and latest Silverlight 4 sdk. From a solution with multiple projects I get the 'Unspecified error (Exception from HRESULT ; 0x80004005 (E_FAIL)) error message when dropping a RadSchedule control onto a XAML page.

If I open a new seperate solution in VS2010 no error is raised when dropping the RadScheduler control onto my page?

Chris
Teodor
Telerik team
answered on 16 Jul 2010, 08:57 AM
Hello Chris,

Thank you for contacting us.

Have you tried using the latest version of our controls (2010.2 714)? What other controls do you use in your application? What about trying on the latest Visual Studio RTM?

If you provide us with the versions of the products you use, it will be easier for us to test or give you more concrete suggestions. Also, packing your solution (or a sample illustrating the issue) and sending it over to us will be great. 

Thank you in advance for your assistance. 

Regards,
Teodor
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
John Pelak
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Teodor
Telerik team
John Pelak
Top achievements
Rank 1