This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Confirm Delete

11 Answers 138 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Travis
Top achievements
Rank 1
Travis asked on 30 Aug 2010, 11:50 PM
Is there a way to confirm the user really wants to delete a record in the grid when they click on the delete key?

11 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Vlad
Telerik team
answered on 31 Aug 2010, 08:15 AM
Hi Travis,

You can use Deleting event to achieve this. Here is an example:

private void RadGridView_Deleting(object sender, Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridViewDeletingEventArgs e)
        {
            var result = MessageBox.Show("Test", "Test", MessageBoxButton.OKCancel);
            e.Cancel = (result == MessageBoxResult.Cancel);
        }

Sincerely yours,
Vlad
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Travis
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Sep 2010, 07:14 PM
The deleting event handler is not fired when the "Delete" key is pressed.  The ItemsSource of the GridView is using RIA.  I don't know if that makes a difference or not.
Vlad
Telerik team
answered on 03 Sep 2010, 07:01 AM
Hello,

How the grid is bound in your case? If you use DomainDataSource everything should work as expected. 

Sincerely yours,
Vlad
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
lee_bnsf
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Sep 2010, 02:03 PM
I'm have a similar situation.  Is there a way to get the grid to respond to the delete key without being bound to a DomainDatasource; or in my case bound to a read-only entity in a DomainDatasource?

Thanks,
Lee
Vlad
Telerik team
answered on 03 Sep 2010, 02:08 PM
Hello,

If the grid is not bound at least to IList you will unable to add and remove items and that is why the event will not be raised. 

Kind regards,
Vlad
the Telerik team
lee_bnsf
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Sep 2010, 02:23 PM
Thanks Vlad. As soon as I posted this I saw that my grid did not the CanUserDeleteRows property set to true.  When I updated that everything worked as expected.  Rookie mistake. :(
Thanks,
Lee
Travis
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Sep 2010, 04:03 PM
It is working now.  Not sure what I was doing wrong the first time.
Marc Roussel
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 26 Apr 2013, 11:28 PM

I feel lucky this time.

What if I'm in the Deleting Event and even before asking the user to confirm, the line is already deleted from the UI because I hit Delete from the keyboard on a line

When I say NO and I code e.Cancel = true, it doesn't any good.

I'm using version 2013.1.403.1050
Here's the code :

private void rgvExpenses_Deleting(object sender, GridViewDeletingEventArgs e)
{
    // Huh ? The line is already deleted from the UI.  I can see it while the confirmation is on screen
    RadWindow.Confirm("Are you sure ?", (s, ee) =>
        {
            if (ee.DialogResult.Value)
                e.Cancel = false;       // I suppose this means don't cancel the delete because I said YES which the ee.DialogResult means I've pressed YES
            else
                e.Cancel = true;        // I suppose this should cancel the delete but he huh the delete was already performed.  What am I missing ?
        });
}
Marc Roussel
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 26 Apr 2013, 11:31 PM
Marc Roussel
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 26 Apr 2013, 11:41 PM
After reading the article,  I don't know why but I feel like there's a problem somehow.
How it comes to be called DELETING and yet the line is deleted even before I'm asking a confirmation in the Deleting event ?

It bugs me. 
Marc Roussel
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 27 Apr 2013, 12:02 AM
I think I get it.  Here's my version.  Don't forget to add a reference to System.Windows.Data
private void rgvExpenses_Deleting(object sender, Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridViewDeletingEventArgs e)
{
    e.Cancel = true;

RadWindow.Confirm("Certain ?", (s, ee) =>
    {
        if (ee.DialogResult.Value)
        {
            foreach (var Expense in e.Items)
                rgvExpenses.Items.Remove(Expense);

e.Cancel = false;
        }
    });
}