This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Concurrency problem
3 Answers 89 Views
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
oVan
Top achievements
Rank 2
oVan asked on 10 Nov 2009, 09:58 AM

I created a simple type Agency, forward-mapped it to ansql-database, then in my web application I added an OpenAccess datasource and aRadListView. I can add new records, but when I edit a record and then save it, Iget “Concurent data changing operation detected”.

So, I found this help page: http://www.telerik.com/help/openaccess-orm/openaccess-tasks-best-practices-concurrency-web.html

I don’t understand that I need to implement such amount ofcode just to perform a simple insert or delete?

In addition, I also found this KB-topic: http://www.telerik.com/support/kb/orm/general/best-practices-with-openaccess.aspx

I thought the whole point of an ORM was to simplify things,not complicate.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks!

ps: note also the typo in the original error message. It should be "Concurrent".

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
0
Zoran
Telerik team
answered on 11 Nov 2009, 12:45 PM
Hello oVan,

Using the OpenAccessDataSource does not require any concurrency logic explicitly implemented by the user. Nevertheless, we were unable to reproduce your exception with the information you provided in your previous post. Could you send us the simple class that you have tested with so we can see if there are some special cases that we do not handle properly.

All the best,
Zoran
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
0
oVan
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 12 Nov 2009, 08:54 AM
Hello Zoran,

That's what I thought (and expected) also. I'll try to make a small project later today to demonstrate this.

Thanks
0
Madrinha
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Nov 2009, 05:41 PM
Hi,

I had the same problem when using OpenAccess ORm on a radgrid. After all the problem was that with the copy/ paste from another webform I've forget to change the ID to the new ObjectID. All I've done was:
  <MasterTableView  DataKeyNames="NewID"

I'm using the template.master ObjectProvider approach.

Hope this helps.

Eduardo Barbosa



Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
oVan
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Zoran
Telerik team
oVan
Top achievements
Rank 2
Madrinha
Top achievements
Rank 1
Share this question
or