This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Code Analysis Problems in VS2015

1 Answer 71 Views
Code Analysis
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Rick
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Rick asked on 20 Aug 2015, 06:42 PM

Having an issue with Code Analysis. Recently installed visual studio 2015, then installed JustCode with support for Visual Studio 2015. I have the menu in Visual Studio but it doesn't seem like the code analysis is working. No matter what JustCode reports "No errors in solution" with a green checkbox in the lower left corner. I have tried the reset settings option in JustCode and even uninstalling and re-installing but I am still seeing this behavior.

Any ideas? Thanks.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Svetlozar
Telerik team
answered on 25 Aug 2015, 02:28 PM
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback!

Maybe you've missed the news, but our Visual Studio 2015 version is a little bit different from the others. We are reworking JustCode to step on Roslyn. You can read more about it here - What’s Ahead for JustCode

Now that we are using Roslyn, it doesn't make much sense to have our own error analysis for C# and VisualBasic. Because of that we now provide only warnings, that are implemented as Roslyn extensions. That brings a lot of advantages (being able to consistently ignore them like any other compiler warning being one). Unfortunately, we haven't put our warnings in the JustCode errors/warnings grid yet. You can see them in the Visual Studio Errors List. We will improve that in the future.

I hope that makes sense. Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Svetlozar
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Code Analysis
Asked by
Rick
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Answers by
Svetlozar
Telerik team
Share this question
or