CheckedListBox

6 posts, 0 answers
  1. Gunawan Rahardjo
    Gunawan Rahardjo avatar
    1 posts

Posted 13 Apr 2010 Link to this post

Hi there,

Is there any rad control that similar with window's CheckedListBox?

Thanks.
  2. Nikolay
    Admin
    Nikolay avatar
    1805 posts

Posted 15 Apr 2010 Link to this post

Hi Gunawan Rahardjo,

Thank you for the question.

Generally, we do not have a dedicated CheckedListBox. However, you can easily transform our RadGridView in a checked listbox. For additional information, please refer to the following article: Create MultiColumnListBox based on RadGridView.

I hope this helps. If you have additional questions, feel free to contact me.

All the best,
    Nikolay
    the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
  3. jamsheer
    jamsheer avatar
    39 posts

Posted 19 Sep Link to this post

Hello,
       Is there any option to get the index of an item of CheckedListBox with specified Item Text , without  using any loop ,I mean

int indx = radCheckedListBox1.Items.IndexOf("ABC");

In the above code I have getting the index -1 at all time.

I think You got my Question .

Thank you.

4. Dess
    Admin
    Dess avatar
    2107 posts

Posted 19 Sep Link to this post

Hello Jamsheer, 

Thank you for writing.  

The Items.IndexOf method requires a ListViewDataItem, not a string value. That is why it returns -1. In order to find a specific item by given text, it would be necessary to iterate the Items collection and find the match.

I hope this information helps. Should you have further questions I would be glad to help.

Regards,
    Dess
    Progress Telerik
    Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
  5. jamsheer
    jamsheer avatar
    39 posts

Posted 20 Sep in reply to Dess Link to this post

Hello,
       I have a checkedListView like the below pic,

where I want to check the column name as "Tin No" without any loop ,

How could I do this
    Hope You got my Question.
    Thank you.

6. Dess
    Admin
    Dess avatar
    2107 posts

Posted 21 Sep Link to this post

Hello, Jamsheer, 

Thank you for writing back. 

It is not possible to find the ListViewDataItem by a given text without iterating the Items collection. Even if you use a lambda expression it internally will iterate the items.

I hope this information helps. If you have any additional questions, please let me know. 

Regards,
    Dess
    Progress Telerik
    Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.