This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Changing from 2006 to 2009

3 Answers 60 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
David Martinez
Top achievements
Rank 1
David Martinez asked on 21 May 2010, 07:31 PM
In a C# aspx page I used a "radTS:RadMultiPage" control (Telerik RadControls 2006). Then I had to format my PC and because of "standarization process" I have to install RadControls 2009 (Q3)...now when I open again this page I have this error: "Error creating control". How can I solve this? 1) Do I have to re-install RadControls 2006 and "live" with both? (2006-2009)....another solution? Thanks!

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dimo
Telerik team
answered on 24 May 2010, 11:24 AM
Hello David,

Based on what you said, I am not sure whether you want to upgrade your old RadControls project to use the Q3 2009 release or not. It is also not clear whether you want to use the ASP.NET AJAX version of the 2009 controls or the "classic" ASP.NET version.

If you don't want to upgrade and keep the old RadControls version in your project, then you only need to ensure that all required assemblies are located in the project's BIN folder or in the GAC.

If you want to upgrade, then you have to do the following:

1. update all RadControls references in the project
2. update all tag prefixes (radTS, radG, etc) to a single tagprefix - e.g. "telerik" or "rad"
3. if you will be using the new RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, you have to keep in mind that these controls use a different namespace and have different client API. You will have to modify your project accordingly to reflect those changes. Please refer to each control's documentation for more information, e.g.

http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/tab_overviewmigrating.html

If you need further assistance, please send a simple project, so that we can track down the problem.

Sincerely yours,
Dimo
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
David Martinez
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 May 2010, 11:34 PM
Thank you for your anwser....I'll try to explain better my situation: I'm using a 2006 AJAX controls like:

radTS

:RadTabStrip, <radTS:Tab..., <radTS:RadMultiPage...., <radTS:PageView.....now that I have installed Telerik AJAX 2009 Q3...the code send's the following error (design time): "Error creating control": Unknown label RadC:RadComboBox....Thanks!....I'd like to use only 2009 controls, how can I migrate?

Sebastian
Telerik team
answered on 25 May 2010, 12:14 PM
Hi David,

Please follow the instructions provided by my colleague Dimo in his post and review the individual topics concerning migration of RadControl from Classic to ASP.NET AJAX version. They should help you convert your code and address the design-time issue you are currently facing.

Regards,
Sebastian
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
David Martinez
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dimo
Telerik team
David Martinez
Top achievements
Rank 1