This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

GridView

3 Answers 44 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Miroslav
Top achievements
Rank 1
Miroslav asked on 14 Nov 2012, 09:48 AM
Hello
I have a grid which is bound to a collection .The rows have expanders inside of a cell .By default all are expanded.If i colapse them manually in the UI. And then i ad a new Item to the collection some times the other rows which were colapsed expand themselves.
The new one is expanded as it should be.
Any ideas on a solution would be helpful.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Yoan
Telerik team
answered on 16 Nov 2012, 05:12 PM
Hi Miroslav,

Actually, this would be the expected behaviour since  UI Virtualization  is turned on by default. It enables RadGridView to reuse the existing containers over and over again for different data items, instead of creating new ones.

Generally, it is not recommended to use GridViewToggleRowDetailsColumn if you have set RowDetailsVisibilityMode to Visible (if this is your case). An option for you would be to turn-off the virtualization. Although this is also not recommended, if you have small amount of data it may work for you.

Kind regards,
Yoan
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

Miroslav
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Nov 2012, 09:54 AM
I tried setting the  EnableColumnVirtualization="False" EnableRowVirtualization="False" but this didnt fix the problem.if i add on item which has to be expanded the last colapsed one is automatically expanded.

Yoan
Telerik team
answered on 21 Nov 2012, 03:34 PM
Hello Miroslav,

Actually, it is not very clear what may cause the problem. So, may I ask you some questions about your scenario? Do you use GridViewToggleRowDetailsColumn? How do you implement it?

It would be great if you can share some code snippets with us. In that way we will be able to understand the problem better.

Regards,
Yoan
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

Tags
GridView
Asked by
Miroslav
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Yoan
Telerik team
Miroslav
Top achievements
Rank 1