GridView Performance

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. Robert
    Robert avatar
    12 posts

Posted 09 Apr 2012 Link to this post

Hi Everyone, I'm trying to determine some performance issues with the the grid, when I run dotTrace performance analyzer, it shows that MeasureOverride accounts for 67.8% CPU on the Main thread - width 45% on GridViewGroupRow MeasureOverride...
    Any tips on how I can reduce this? What causes these calls to occur, dynamically calculating column width based on data? Should I be setting column widths explicitly? Anything I can do to reduce the Group row calculations?

Any help is appreciated,
    -Robert
  2. Vlad
    Admin
    Vlad avatar
    11100 posts

Posted 10 Apr 2012 Link to this post

Hello,

You can check this article for more info about various performance optimizations. 

Kind regards,
    Vlad
    the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

3. Robert
    Robert avatar
    12 posts

Hi Vlad, I've previously gone through that article and implemented some changes that helped with performance, but I'm still having performance issues (5-8 seconds to render after fetching data). This is why I opened dotTrace to see where the bottleneck is.

Can someone explain how MeasureOverride can account for 67.8% of CPU? Row and column virtualization is working correctly as the grid is not within a control that measures it with infinity...
  4. Vlad
    Admin
    Vlad avatar
    11100 posts

Hello Robert,

Maybe it will be better to send us small demo project (via support ticket) demonstrating your scenario. We will review your application and we will provide you more info. 

Kind regards,
    Vlad
    the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>