This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Q1 2011 Issues

6 Answers 82 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Lee
Top achievements
Rank 1
Lee asked on 18 Mar 2011, 01:34 PM
I've downloaded and installed the Q1 2011 version of the Telerik Silverlight controls and I'm experiencing some errors when I try to drag controls from the toolbox to the design form.

I'm attaching a couple of screen shots that show the error messages.

The error doesn't seem to happen with all controls, but I'm seeing it with RadOutlookBar, RadScheduler, and RadGauge, to name a few.

Any ideas?

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Lee
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Mar 2011, 07:42 PM
I've found a way to reproduce this issue.  Here are the steps that I followed to reproduce this issue:

1.  Open VS2010
2.  Create a new Silverlight Web Application (Target SL 4)
3.  In the Project Configuration Wizard, select only the Telerik.Windows.Controls
4.  Attempt to drag a RadGauge from the Toolbox onto the MainPage.xaml design form.
5.  Error should display
6.  In the Solution Explorer, add a reference to the Telerik.Windows.Controls.Gauge (version 2011.1.315.1040)
7,  Attempt to drag a RadGauge from the Toolbox onto the MainPage.xaml design form
8.  Error should still display.
9.  Build the project
10. Attempt to drag the RadGauge from the Toolbox onto the MainPage.xaml design form
11. It should work this time without any error messages

Pana
Telerik team
answered on 23 Mar 2011, 05:36 PM
Hello Lee Weisenberger,

We will investigate this issue however at the current time I am not able to provide you a workaround.
Does the other controls work after rebuild?

Thank you for the feedback.

Best wishes,
Pana
the Telerik team
Lee
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Mar 2011, 06:40 PM
All of the controls seemed to work fine after I manually added the references to the project and rebuilt.

Just out of curiosity, where you able to reproduce the issue on your end?

Thanks
Pana
Telerik team
answered on 24 Mar 2011, 03:23 PM
Hi,

Adding controls that are from assemblies which are not included in the project throws errors. I managed to reproduce the error easily.

We will try to fix this issue for the service pack.

Greetings,
Pana
the Telerik team
Lee
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Apr 2011, 01:48 PM
I just installed Q1 2011 SP1 and I'm still having problems dragging new controls to XAML if the assemblies haven't already been added to the project.

Was this actually fixed in the service pack?
Pana
Telerik team
answered on 26 Apr 2011, 01:17 PM
Hello,

We have done some design time improvements for some of our controls but we have not yet fixed the issue. For now please just add the required assembly references.

Greetings,
Pana
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Lee
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Lee
Top achievements
Rank 1
Pana
Telerik team