This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

2010 Enhancing with referenced DLL

6 Answers 138 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
sitefinitysteve
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Veteran
sitefinitysteve asked on 05 May 2010, 07:47 PM
I've got two OA DLLs...one reverse mapped, and one forward mapped (my main one)

The Forward mapped one references the Reverse mapped one, and I then load the Reverse one into my asp.net project.  When I try to build the Forward mapped project I get the error listed below

I have the DLL set to build with .net 3.5 and have the postbuild event of "C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\OpenAccess ORM\sdk\venhance.exe" -assembly:$(TargetFileName)

Do I have to do a second post build event to point to both? Even though the reverse mapped already has that post build event specified?

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(1360,9): warning MSB3258: The primary reference "C:\Code\RTO\RTOModel\AuthDBDAL\bin\Debug\AuthDBDAL.dll" could not be resolved because it has an indirect dependency on the .NET Framework assembly "mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" which has a higher version "4.0.0.0" than the version "2.0.0.0" in the current target framework.
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(1360,9): warning MSB3258: The primary reference "C:\Code\RTO\RTOModel\AuthDBDAL\bin\Debug\AuthDBDAL.dll" could not be resolved because it has an indirect dependency on the .NET Framework assembly "System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" which has a higher version "4.0.0.0" than the version "2.0.0.0" in the current target framework.
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(1360,9): warning MSB3258: The primary reference "C:\Code\RTO\RTOModel\AuthDBDAL\bin\Debug\AuthDBDAL.dll" could not be resolved because it has an indirect dependency on the .NET Framework assembly "System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" which has a higher version "4.0.0.0" than the version "2.0.0.0" in the current target framework.
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(1360,9): warning MSB3258: The primary reference "C:\Code\RTO\RTOModel\AuthDBDAL\bin\Debug\AuthDBDAL.dll" could not be resolved because it has an indirect dependency on the .NET Framework assembly "System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" which has a higher version "4.0.0.0" than the version "2.0.0.0" in the current target framework.
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(1360,9): warning MSB3258: The primary reference "C:\Code\RTO\RTOModel\AuthDBDAL\bin\Debug\AuthDBDAL.dll" could not be resolved because it has an indirect dependency on the .NET Framework assembly "System.Security, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" which has a higher version "4.0.0.0" than the version "2.0.0.0" in the current target framework.
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(1360,9): warning MSB3258: The primary reference "C:\Code\RTO\RTOModel\AuthDBDAL\bin\Debug\AuthDBDAL.dll" could not be resolved because it has an indirect dependency on the .NET Framework assembly "System.Data.SqlXml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" which has a higher version "4.0.0.0" than the version "2.0.0.0" in the current target framework.

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Jan Blessenohl
Telerik team
answered on 06 May 2010, 03:06 PM
Hi Steve,
Yes, the reverse engineered project needs to be enhanced as well. This is not updateing the db but adding lazy loading and change tracking to the assembly.

Greetings,
Jan Blessenohl
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
sitefinitysteve
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Veteran
answered on 06 May 2010, 03:13 PM
Both projects have this in the properties

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\OpenAccess ORM\sdk\venhance.exe" -assembly:$(TargetFileName)

But should the forward mapped one have something different since it references the revmap?

sitefinitysteve
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Veteran
answered on 06 May 2010, 04:29 PM
When I build The rev by itself I get it compiled against 3.5, but when I compile the forward, the rev mapped DLL against 4.0?
Jan Blessenohl
Telerik team
answered on 10 May 2010, 04:49 PM
Hi Steve,
The problem is the build in enhancement step. The result is always a 4.0 assembly, we are working on that. For you it means that you should check all your projects in the solution if the project properties have the enhancement enabled (select project and press F4 to see the properties)

Sincerely yours,
Jan Blessenohl
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Solomon
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Jul 2010, 10:17 AM
Hi Jan,

Has there been any change in the status of this? Are we needing to add the manual post-build event to the project to target 3.5? I am moving some OA code into a Sitefinity project and it looks like this version of Sitefinity does not support 4.0 yet. 

Sol
Jan Blessenohl
Telerik team
answered on 19 Jul 2010, 08:48 AM
Hello Solomon,
with the Q2 release all the known enhancer problems have been solved.

Greetings,
Jan Blessenohl
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
sitefinitysteve
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Veteran
Answers by
Jan Blessenohl
Telerik team
sitefinitysteve