This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Value greater than 100 problem

5 Answers 55 Views
NumericUpDown
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
beavisCZ
Top achievements
Rank 1
beavisCZ asked on 22 May 2013, 09:30 AM
Hello,
I use this control in my app like this:
<Controls:RadNumericUpDown Grid.Row="7" Grid.ColumnSpan="2" Value="170" MaxValue="250" MinValue="50" />

But when I use value greater than 100, it shows 100. I'm able to change it by + / - buttons above 100 but every time I open this form I see 100. Values below 100 are OK. I also used databinding to my class and works same way. All values above 100 desnt display correctly. What I'm doing wrong?

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Deyan
Telerik team
answered on 23 May 2013, 08:32 AM
Hi Martin,

Thanks for writing.

I would like to inform you that we have been able to reproduce the issue on our side. The reason for this behavior is that the MaxValue of the NumericUpDown is 100 by default. When you set your new value it is clamped to 100 if it is greater than 100. Your workaround is to first set the MaxValue to a greater value and after that set the Value property.

Since we consider this an incorrect behavior, we will update the control in an upcoming release to allow setting these properties in any order.

Regards,
Deyan
Telerik
Have a suggestion or face a problem - you can use the Ideas & Feedback portal to submit ideas, feedback and vote for them.
beavisCZ
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 May 2013, 09:09 AM
Hi Deyan,
in reallife scenario I dont use static Value. I use databinding in XAML like this:
<Controls:RadNumericUpDown Grid.Row="7" Grid.ColumnSpan="2" Value="{Binding HeightSetting, Source={StaticResource Config}, Mode=TwoWay}" MaxValue="250" ValueFormat="" />

So I don't know how to workaround this problem in current version. How I could set max value before databinding?

Deyan
Telerik team
answered on 23 May 2013, 09:22 AM
Hi Martin,

Can you please move the portion of the XAML code that sets the MaxValue before the Value binding and let me know if it works for you?

Regards,
Deyan
Telerik
Have a suggestion or face a problem - you can use the Ideas & Feedback portal to submit ideas, feedback and vote for them.
beavisCZ
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 May 2013, 11:15 AM
Hi,
yes it works. Thank you very much for help!

Deyan
Telerik team
answered on 27 May 2013, 06:30 AM
Hi Martin,

We will consider this thread closed for now.

Let us know should you have further questions or need assistance.

Regards,
Deyan
Telerik
Tags
NumericUpDown
Asked by
beavisCZ
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Deyan
Telerik team
beavisCZ
Top achievements
Rank 1