This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

TTF 2014.3 QuickStarts_VSTS_CS fails to run but 2014.2 able to run

3 Answers 47 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
kwee
Top achievements
Rank 1
kwee asked on 07 Sep 2014, 03:59 AM
Hi,

I have a working (Telerik Testing Framewokr) TTF 2014.2 on my PC1, using VS2012. By this I mean that the Samples/Testing Framework/QuickStarts_VSTS_CS solution builds and runs.

When I recently installed TTF on another PC (PC2 say), it indicated it was 2014.3. It also has VS2012. The QuickStarts_VSTS_CS builds fine but all tests fails to run with error :

> Initialization method QuickStarts_VSTS_CS.Advanced.MyTestInitialize threw exception. System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: An error occurred creating the configuration section handler for WebAii.Settings: Could not load file or assembly 'ArtOfTest.WebAii' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. (C:\Users\kwee.tan\AppData\Local\Temp\TestResults\kwee.tan_WIL30598D 2014-09-06 17_18_05\Out\QuickStarts_VSTS_CS.DLL.config line 4) ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'ArtOfTest.WebAii' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
> To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
> Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
> To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].
> .
>    at System.Configuration.TypeUtil.GetTypeWithReflectionPermission(IInternalConfigHost host, String typeString, Boolean throwOnError)
>    at System.Configuration.RuntimeConfigurationRecord.RuntimeConfigurationFactory.Init(RuntimeConfigurationRecord configRecord, FactoryRecord factoryRecord)
>    at System.Configuration.RuntimeConfigurationRecord.RuntimeConfigurationFactory.InitWithRestrictedPermissions(RuntimeConfigurationRecord configRecord, FactoryRecord factoryRecord)
>    at System.Configuration.RuntimeConfigurationRecord.CreateSectionFactory(FactoryRecord factoryRecord)
>    at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.FindAndEnsureFactoryRecord(String configKey, ref Boolean isRootDeclaredHere)
>  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
>    at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.FindAndEnsureFactoryRecord(String configKey, ref Boolean isRootDeclaredHere)
>    at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSectionRecursive(String configKey, Boolean getLkg, Boolean checkPermission, Boolean getRuntimeObject, Boolean requestIsHere, ref Object result, ref Object resultRuntimeObject)
>    at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSection(String configKey)
>    at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigSystem.GetSection(String sectionName)
>    at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.GetSection(String sectionName)
>    at ArtOfTest.WebAii.TestTemplates.BaseTest.GetSettings()
>    at ArtOfTest.WebAii.TestTemplates.BaseTest.Initialize(String logLocation, TestContextWriteLine vsWriteLineDelegate)
>    at QuickStarts_VSTS_CS.Advanced.MyTestInitialize() in Advanced.cs: line 93

If I remove the app.config file in the project, the tests can run. So, I suspect something in the settings is different between TTF 2014.2 and 2014.3.

Look forward to hearing your explanation and solution for this.

Thanks,

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Cody
Telerik team
answered on 10 Sep 2014, 08:36 PM
Hello Kwee,

Please show me exactly what version of TTF do you have installed. Does it match what I show in the attached screen shot?

Which test or tests did you try running? I just verified the "NavigatingDOM" test runs as expected in both VS 2010 and VS 2012.

What path did you install TTF in to? Did you take the default of "C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Test Studio"?

Regards,
Cody
Telerik

Quickly become an expert in Test Studio, check out our new training sessions!
Test Studio Trainings

kwee
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Sep 2014, 09:59 PM
Hi Cody,
Thanks for your reply. Turns out that the problem was I was using Resharper's 7.1 test runner. Although I upgraded to Resharper 8.2, the test runner still fails with the error message in previous message. The Visual Studio test runner works fine, so the problem is not with TTF.
The strange thing is that Resharper 8.2 on my PC1 is able to run the TTF tests fine.
Please close this report then.
Cody
Telerik team
answered on 10 Sep 2014, 10:49 PM
Hello,

Good to know the cause. Thank you for the update.

Regards,
Cody
Telerik

Quickly become an expert in Test Studio, check out our new training sessions!
Test Studio Trainings

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
kwee
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Cody
Telerik team
kwee
Top achievements