This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Text + android application

1 Answer 57 Views
Windows
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Yavor
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yavor asked on 28 Oct 2019, 12:08 PM

Hey, there! So Ive been using fidler for a while so i decided to try to sniff the requests out from a mobile app. And for some reason it didn't work. I have the certificate and everything set up. So i googled it and i saw one guy who converted the apk of a random apk (Im on android) and put a network_secutity_config.xml file in there that basically tells the app to trust the trusted certificates. It didn't work this way either so im just lost at this point. Do you know anything about this?

Basically the app just doesn't send the requests when sniffing with fiddler. They appear but in some weird ciphered format and it doesn't even give me a response.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Eric R | Senior Technical Support Engineer
Telerik team
answered on 28 Oct 2019, 08:38 PM

Hi Yavor,

This is most likely due to Certificated Pinning. Something like this will probably not ever work due to security measures in-place by the mobile application or operating system. For security reasons, we also cannot recommend this either.

Additionally, this is a duplicate post from the Fiddler on Mobile Forum titled Text + android application. In an effort to keep things organized, the older post will be deleted and we encourage only one post per topic. 

Please let me know if you need any additional information. Thank you for using the Fiddler Forums.

Regards,

Eric R | Technical Support Engineer
Progress Telerik

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Windows
Asked by
Yavor
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Eric R | Senior Technical Support Engineer
Telerik team
Share this question
or