This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Silverlight out-of-browser in WebAii 2010.2

7 Answers 97 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Joonas
Top achievements
Rank 1
Joonas asked on 12 Aug 2010, 04:17 PM
Hi,

We are trying to automate a Silverlight application out-of-browser, which should now be supported in the latest WebAii 2010.2.
I could not find any examples of how to get started with out-of-browser automation in the provided samples, help file or on the Telerik blog. 

For instance, I can see there's a new BrowserType.SilverlightOutOfBrowser which sounds useful, but how do I point it to my Silverlight app? By default it seems to be looking for 'C:\Users\<user>\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\Silverlight\OutOfBrowser\application.xap'.

Cheers,
Joonas

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Cody
Telerik team
answered on 13 Aug 2010, 05:09 PM
Hello Joonas,

Sorry for the lack of documentation. Assuming your OOB application is contained in the folder 'C:\Users\<user>\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\Silverlight\OutOfBrowser\328640058.www.microsoft.com' you would use code like this:

Manager.LaunchNewBrowser(BrowserType.SilverlightOutOfBrowser, true, System.Diagnostics.ProcessWindowStyle.Minimized, "328640058.www.microsoft.com");

Note that "328640058.www.microsoft.com” is the relative path to the application within the "Microsoft\Silverlight\OutOfBrowser" folder.

Best wishes,
Cody
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Joonas
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Aug 2010, 02:06 PM
Thanks for your answer Cody!

The Silverlight application we are testing runs in elevated trust mode, and is deployed to 'C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Silverlight\OutOfBrowser'.

How do I point WebAii to look for my application in AppData\Local instead of LocalLow?

Cheers,
Joonas
Jasper
Telerik team
answered on 24 Aug 2010, 08:00 PM
Hello Joonas,

We currently only support OOB applications without elevated trust.  We are actively working on providing support for elevated trust applications, and would happily inform you when this feature is available in a future release of our product.

Thank you for your interest in OOB functionality, and for your patience.

Sincerely yours,
Jasper
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Prashant
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 Mar 2011, 11:50 PM
Hi,

In this support now availalble with WebAii 2010.3, please confirm.

"We currently only support OOB applications without elevated trust.  We are actively working on providing support for elevated trust applications, and would happily inform you when this feature is available in a future release of our product"

Thanks
Prashant
Anthony
Telerik team
answered on 01 Apr 2011, 06:06 PM
Hello Prashant,

Yes, OOB applications are now supported with or without elevated trust. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Anthony
the Telerik team
Neil
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 May 2011, 11:16 AM
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but with WebAii 2010.3 I cannot get elevated trust to work. My application launches, but fails with any COM calls Out Of Browser. Are there any other magical things I need to do to enable elevated trust other than the instructions provided here?
Anthony
Telerik team
answered on 03 May 2011, 04:13 PM
Hello Neil,

Please see this KB article which describes how to use Telerik Testing Framework with Silverlight OOB and elevated trust.

We cannot guarantee, however, that COM calls in OOB will work after performing these steps. That particular scenario has not been extensively tested.

Kind regards,
Anthony
the Telerik team
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Joonas
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Cody
Telerik team
Joonas
Top achievements
Rank 1