This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Possible bug with Data Access Shapes and VS2013

4 Answers 16 Views
Data Access Free Edition
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Aleksandar
Top achievements
Rank 1
Aleksandar asked on 07 Oct 2014, 11:08 PM
Environment: VS2013 (Win7), MSSQL2008 (Win2008 on VMWarePlayer), Telerik.OpenAccess 2014.2.918.1.

Scenario: Add model to your VS, add one stored procedure in the model schema explorer, go to model object explorer and create a domain method. Click on the newly created method in the model object explorer and drag-and-drop it to itself (or anywhere else). I get VS throwing exception at that stage and VS restart is the only way out.

Regards,
Alex

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Aleksandar
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Oct 2014, 11:12 PM
Forgot to mention, I am accessing development computer remotely (using RDP).

Alex
Boyan
Telerik team
answered on 08 Oct 2014, 04:46 PM
Hello Aleksandar,

Thank you for your detailed report.

This issue you reported is already known and logged for prioritization. If you dock the Model Object Explorer panel to Visual Studio this behavior should stop occurring. Could you please confirm that this is indeed the case?

I hope this is helpful. Do not hesitate to get back to us with any additional questions. 

Regards,
Boyan
Telerik

OpenAccess ORM is now Telerik Data Access. For more information on the new names, please, check out the Telerik Product Map.

Aleksandar
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Oct 2014, 10:54 PM
HI Boyan,

Confirmed. The issue is experienced only if the Model Object Explorer panel is in the auto-hide mode.

Regards,
Alex
Boyan
Telerik team
answered on 10 Oct 2014, 03:49 PM
Hi Aleksandar,

Thank you for your cooperation.

For the time being I am not able to give you an estimated time when this bug is going to be fixed. If this occurs regularly on your side please use the suggested work-around.

Please excuse us for the inconvenience this might caused you.

Regards,
Boyan
Telerik

OpenAccess ORM is now Telerik Data Access. For more information on the new names, please, check out the Telerik Product Map.

Tags
Data Access Free Edition
Asked by
Aleksandar
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Aleksandar
Top achievements
Rank 1
Boyan
Telerik team