Here are the steps:
1. Load an existing archive file
2. Go to the "Filters" tab
3. Check/Enable the ""use filters" check box
4. enable a filter like "show only if URL contains" and type in a string
5. click the sections' "Actions" button and click the command of "run filterset now" (this my meaning for "run a filter action")
6. The list of sessions changes based on the filter
(So far, all if fine)
7. Disable the first (and only) filter and enable another filter and I apply/run it again (as mentioned on section 5 above)
8. If, instead of section 7, I disable the "use filters" and "run" the "actions" button again - well, still, no change in the list of sessions. I expected the filter(s) to be removed and I will see the full original list of sessions.
I see now that the same happens for a "live" capture of sessions.
Also, it looks like running filters one after another can only omit sessions and there is no "way back" to the original list, before the filtering.