This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Office 365 extension chrashes Fiddler

1 Answer 166 Views
Extensions and Customization
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Lennart
Top achievements
Rank 1
Lennart asked on 09 Apr 2020, 09:34 AM

When using O365 extension and trying ws-fed auth to O365 fiddler chrashes, fiddler works alright when disabling extension

---------------------------
Uncaught Exception in Session #387
Fiddler has encountered an unexpected problem. If you believe this is a bug in Fiddler, please copy this message by hitting CTRL+C, and submit a bug report at http://www.telerik.com/forums/fiddler.

Length cannot be less than zero.

Parameter name: length

Type: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException
Source: mscorlib
   at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)

at EXOFiddlerInspector.SessionProcessor.SetAuthentication(Session session)

at EXOFiddlerInspector.Services.ActivationService.AutoTamperResponseAfter(Session _session)

at Fiddler.FiddlerExtensions.(Session ) in C:\Jenkins\Fiddler_Windows\workspace\Fiddler2\Common\Application\Extensions.cs:line 866

at Fiddler.Session.‘() in C:\Jenkins\Fiddler_Windows\workspace\Fiddler2\Common\Core\Session.cs:line 4073

at Fiddler.ServerChatter.ŽŒ() in C:\Jenkins\Fiddler_Windows\workspace\Fiddler2\Common\Core\ServerChatter.cs:line 1520

at Fiddler.ServerChatter.Œ() in C:\Jenkins\Fiddler_Windows\workspace\Fiddler2\Common\Core\ServerChatter.cs:line 1474

at Fiddler.Session.‘() in C:\Jenkins\Fiddler_Windows\workspace\Fiddler2\Common\Core\Session.cs:line 3751

at Fiddler.Session.(Object ) in C:\Jenkins\Fiddler_Windows\workspace\Fiddler2\Common\Core\Session.cs:line 3526

Fiddler v5.0.20194.41348 (x64 AMD64) [.NET 4.0.30319.42000 on Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.18363.0]
OK   

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Eric R | Senior Technical Support Engineer
Telerik team
answered on 10 Apr 2020, 04:55 PM

Hi Lennart,

Thank you for the stack trace. It appears the extension is failing in the extension SetAuthentication method. After reviewing the Extension's GitHub Repository I found this closed Issue which may be related. I recommend updating the extension to the latest version.

As you mentioned, since Fiddler works fine without the extension enabled, this is not likely an issue with Fiddler. The good news is that the Office 365 Extension is an open-source project and issues can be logged on their Issues Repository. They may even take pull requests. 

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need any additional information regarding Fiddler. 

Regards,

Progress Telerik

Progress is here for your business, like always. Read more about the measures we are taking to ensure business continuity and help fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our thoughts here at Progress are with those affected by the outbreak.
Tags
Extensions and Customization
Asked by
Lennart
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Telerik team
Share this question
or