This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Localization

1 Answer 74 Views
MessageBox
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Zik
Top achievements
Rank 2
Zik asked on 24 May 2012, 06:02 PM
I've only tried this briefly in the emulator, but it seems that if I use RadMessageBox.Show() with the MessageBoxButtons option the button text is in English, regardless of what the phone language is set to (I was trying Spanish at the time).  Is this expected behavior?  If I may I would like to make a feature request, to have the RadMessageBox automatically localize the button text when using the MessageBoxButtons option.  I've been looking at the System.Globalization namespace to see if there is an easy lookup that can be done but so far I haven't found anything.

The workaround would be to use the RadMessageBox.Show() that takes "IEnumerable<object> buttonsContext" I assume?  I'll just need "Yes" and "No" strings in my resource (I have a few MessageBoxButtons.YesNo dialogs).

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Todor
Telerik team
answered on 29 May 2012, 12:19 PM
Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your question.

RadControls for WindowsPhone don't support Spanish for the moment. So it is expected that you don't see localized string for Spanish. If you change the language to German, French or Italian, you will see the text in the language that is selected. However, we provide a flexible mechanism, which allows you to localize the controls with code or with resource files. More information about localization is available here.

If you have other questions, don't hesitate to write us back.

Kind regards,
Todor
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Tags
MessageBox
Asked by
Zik
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Todor
Telerik team
Share this question
or