This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Hide Week Numbers

14 Answers 122 Views
Calendar
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
TWT
Top achievements
Rank 1
TWT asked on 26 Jan 2009, 09:27 PM
I found this to be a common question on the asp.net side.. can you provide an example of how to do this in silverlight?

thanks!

14 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Miroslav Nedyalkov
Telerik team
answered on 27 Jan 2009, 10:25 AM
Hi TWT,

We are sorry, but this functionality is not working at this time. We will fix it for our release at the end of February.

Regards,
Miroslav Nedyalkov
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Dwight
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Sep 2009, 07:55 PM
Hi

Can anyone tell me if this has been resolved in the Silverlight edition as I do not seem to be able to do this.

Thanks in advance
Dwight
Kaloyan
Telerik team
answered on 02 Oct 2009, 10:57 AM
Hi Dwight,

The problem is resolved in the latest release of the control. Try downloading the latest internal build or SP1 of the Telerik controls and give them a try.

All the best,
Kaloyan
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
naip
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 04 Oct 2009, 12:23 PM
Hello,

yes, the problem is solved - but only in a narrow perspective. It is now possible to hide the week numbers by setting AreWeekNumbersVisible to false. But the gray area where week number are usually visible is still there - only the text is gone.

The main reason why I want to hide the week numbers is to save precious horizontal space. But the calendar has always the same width - if the week numbers are visible or not.

Is it possible to improve the RadCalendar, so that it needs less horizontal space when the week numbers are not visible?

Best regards
Thomas

Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Oct 2009, 04:00 PM
We have downloaded the latest version of the Silverlight Rad Controls 2009.2 812, but this is not fixed. Please can you tell us how we download service pack 1 or do we have to use the latest internal build?

Thank you

Paul
Kaloyan
Telerik team
answered on 08 Oct 2009, 09:32 AM
Hi Paul,

Please accept our apologies. We are aware of the visual glitch and we are working on its improvement for the Q3 2009 release. An internal build is provided every Friday. You can check the one from the last week.

Greetings,
Kaloyan
the Telerik team

Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Scott Rakestraw
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Nov 2009, 07:48 PM
With the Q3 release it is still not hiding the column.  When can we expect this to be fixed?
Kaloyan
Telerik team
answered on 12 Nov 2009, 11:48 AM
Hello Scott Rakestraw,

Please accept our apologies. We were running a bit late with the Q3 2009 and did not manage to include the fix with the official release. The problem will be resolved for the next Friday's internal build. Sorry once again for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,
Kaloyan
the Telerik team

Dwight
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Nov 2009, 11:56 AM

Hi Kaloyan,

Thanks for this latest update.

As you can see from the forum trail, this is something that has been promised for nearly 9 months and everytime there has been a release it has been excluded.

Can you (or someone at Telerik) confirm for definite that this will be in next weeks internal and subsequently included as part of the next official release.

Thanks and Regards,

Dwight

Kaloyan
Telerik team
answered on 18 Nov 2009, 09:18 AM
Hi Dwight,

You will find the fix in this Friday's internal build.

Sincerely yours,
Kaloyan
the Telerik team

Johar Iqbal
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Dec 2010, 10:38 AM
Hi there,

I want to hide week number column from my blogs Calender in sitefinity 3.7?

Please advise.

Johar
Ivan Dimitrov
Telerik team
answered on 11 Dec 2010, 05:27 PM
Hi Johar ,

You can use css to do this

.RadCalendar_Default .rcWeek .rcViewSel, .RadCalendar_Default .rcRow th {
   background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #EEEEEE;
   display: none;
   padding: 0 7px 0 9px;
   width: 0;
}

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Andrew
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Dec 2011, 12:01 PM
Can you guys confirm this is now fixed, and more importantly how to use it

<telerik:RadCalendar Name="radCalendarThisMonth" IsTodayHighlighted="True" Margin="0 0 0 0" />

I wish to hide the week numbers to conserve space
Boyan
Telerik team
answered on 21 Dec 2011, 10:37 AM
Hello Andy,

You can hide the week numbers like this:
<telerik:RadCalendar Name="radCalendarThisMonth" IsTodayHighlighted="True" Margin="0 0 0 0" AreWeekNumbersVisible="False"/>

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have further questions.

All the best,
Boyan
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Tags
Calendar
Asked by
TWT
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Miroslav Nedyalkov
Telerik team
Dwight
Top achievements
Rank 1