This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

fiddler shows 200 on a file that does not exist? why not 404?

1 Answer 148 Views
Fiddler Classic
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
david
Top achievements
Rank 1
david asked on 03 May 2018, 05:21 PM

Hi,
   I am accessing my visual studio project that resides on my laptop from my android phone. Most of it works but i have a java script file called "<script src="~/Scripts/mbsa_js.js"></script>" that shows up in fiddler with a 404. when i access the same file using visual studio, i get a 200. funny thing is that it accepts  "<script src="~/Scripts/mbsa_js.js"></script>" at one point, but in all other calls during this same fiddler process, it shows this  "<script src="~/Scripts/mbsa_js.js"></script>" file it shows 404. 

This gets weider because when i make up a javascript file name that does not exist like "<script src="~/Scripts/mbsab_js.js"></script>" , "mbsab", fiddler shows up as 200. but,as stated, this file name does not exist, how could fiddler show it as 200 instead of 404??

thanks for any advice and help.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Alexander
Telerik team
answered on 14 May 2018, 03:47 PM
Hello,

I have trouble understanding the whole scenario. Here are some clarification questions:

- How does Fiddler fits in your scenario - is it reverse proxy of the server or is it proxy of the Android device?
- "when i access the same file using visual studio, i get a 200." - How do you access file using Visual Studio?

Regards,
Alexander
Progress Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Fiddler Classic
Asked by
david
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Alexander
Telerik team
Share this question
or