This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Fiddler Script Issue After upgrading to v4.6.20171.14978

5 Answers 174 Views
Extensions and Customization
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Chakravarthi
Top achievements
Rank 1
Chakravarthi asked on 30 May 2017, 04:39 PM

Hi All,

I am using a Fiddler Script to rewrite a URL and it was working fine in Fiddler v4.6.20171.9220. Once I upgraded to Fiddler v4.6.20171.14978 the script stopped working. When I verified the parameters response, I saw that oSession.PathAndQuery was not returning correct value. All below properties are returning only the Host information but not the full Url of the Request.

oSession.fullUrl
oSession.PathAndQuery
oSession.url

Can anyone please help if the same issue is noticed and any resolution for the same?

Thanks In Advance.

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Tsviatko Yovtchev
Telerik team
answered on 31 May 2017, 09:57 AM
Hi,

That is really weird. Could you attach a small sample script that demonstrates this problem?

Regards,
Tsviatko Yovtchev
Progress Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Chakravarthi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 May 2017, 02:24 PM

Hi, Thanks A Lot for responding to this. Please find below script that I am using.

if (oSession.HostnameIs("apiurl.test") ||
    oSession.HostnameIs("apiurl.validation")||
oSession.HostnameIs("apiurl.sft")){
    if (oSession.HTTPMethodIs("CONNECT")){
        oSession["x-replywithtunnel"] = "FakeTunnel";
    }

FiddlerObject.log("fullUrl - " + oSession.fullUrl);
    FiddlerObject.log("host - " + oSession.host);
    FiddlerObject.log("hostname - " + oSession.hostname);
    FiddlerObject.log("PathAndQuery - " + oSession.PathAndQuery);
    FiddlerObject.log("port - " + oSession.port);
    FiddlerObject.log("url - " + oSession.url);

oSession.PathAndQuery = oSession.PathAndQuery.Replace("domainext/webapis/", "")

oSession.fullUrl = "http://local-webapi.testurl" + oSession.PathAndQuery;

}

I have added few Logging steps to see what is the return value and in the new version I am getting below values.

fullUrl - http://apiurl.test:443
host - apiurl.test:443
hostname - apiurl.test
PathAndQuery - apiurl.test:443
port - 443
url - apiurl.test:443

So the new URL format is not formed correctly. Please let me know if any other information would help.

Tsviatko Yovtchev
Telerik team
answered on 06 Jun 2017, 02:39 PM
Hello,

Which part of the output is not correct? Could you send the output from this same script on Fiddler v4.6.20171.9220?

Regards,
Tsviatko Yovtchev
Progress Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Chakravarthi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Jun 2017, 05:19 PM

Hi, I dont have the older version now and I am not able to find it in Telerik site to download and install. But below was the result I was getting.

fullUrl - http://apiurl.test:443/domainext/webapis/gettrasactionhistory/01/1/date/true
host - apiurl.test:443
hostname - apiurl.test
PathAndQuery - domainext/webapis/gettrasactionhistory/01/1/date/true
port - 443
url - apiurl.test:443

So here I was replacing my Host Name alone and was able to change the URL and pass it with new URL and still having the Method parameters. But in the new version when I try this, it is not working as expected. Initially thought it might be browser issues but I tried the same with Firefox and Chrome and same result.

Chakravarthi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Jun 2017, 06:21 PM
Was able to find an older version of Fiddler setup (v4.4.5.9) in my backups and test it. I think this is not an issue with Fiddler but something else. I am seeing the same issue with the older version v4.4.5.9 as well. Trying to see what is causing the issue.
Tags
Extensions and Customization
Asked by
Chakravarthi
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Tsviatko Yovtchev
Telerik team
Chakravarthi
Top achievements
Rank 1