Fiddler Script Issue After upgrading to v4.6.20171.14978

6 posts, 0 answers
  1. Chakravarthi
    Chakravarthi avatar
    5 posts
    Member since:
    Mar 2015

    Posted 30 May 2017 Link to this post

    Hi All,

    I am using a Fiddler Script to rewrite a URL and it was working fine in Fiddler v4.6.20171.9220. Once I upgraded to Fiddler v4.6.20171.14978 the script stopped working. When I verified the parameters response, I saw that oSession.PathAndQuery was not returning correct value. All below properties are returning only the Host information but not the full Url of the Request.

    oSession.fullUrl
    oSession.PathAndQuery
    oSession.url

     

    Can anyone please help if the same issue is noticed and any resolution for the same?

     

    Thanks In Advance.

  2. Tsviatko Yovtchev
    Admin
    Tsviatko Yovtchev avatar
    549 posts

    Posted 31 May 2017 Link to this post

    Hi,

    That is really weird. Could you attach a small sample script that demonstrates this problem?

    Regards,
    Tsviatko Yovtchev
    Progress Telerik
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
  3. Chakravarthi
    Chakravarthi avatar
    5 posts
    Member since:
    Mar 2015

    Posted 31 May 2017 in reply to Tsviatko Yovtchev Link to this post

    Hi, Thanks A Lot for responding to this. Please find below script that I am using.

    if (oSession.HostnameIs("apiurl.test") ||
        oSession.HostnameIs("apiurl.validation")||
    oSession.HostnameIs("apiurl.sft")){
        if (oSession.HTTPMethodIs("CONNECT")){
            oSession["x-replywithtunnel"] = "FakeTunnel";
        }
         
        FiddlerObject.log("fullUrl - " + oSession.fullUrl);
        FiddlerObject.log("host - " + oSession.host);
        FiddlerObject.log("hostname - " + oSession.hostname);
        FiddlerObject.log("PathAndQuery - " + oSession.PathAndQuery);
        FiddlerObject.log("port - " + oSession.port);
        FiddlerObject.log("url - " + oSession.url);
         
        oSession.PathAndQuery = oSession.PathAndQuery.Replace("domainext/webapis/", "")
         
        oSession.fullUrl = "http://local-webapi.testurl" + oSession.PathAndQuery;
         
    }

     

    I have added few Logging steps to see what is the return value and in the new version I am getting below values.

     

    fullUrl - http://apiurl.test:443
    host - apiurl.test:443
    hostname - apiurl.test
    PathAndQuery - apiurl.test:443
    port - 443
    url - apiurl.test:443

    So the new URL format is not formed correctly. Please let me know if any other information would help.

     

     

  4. Tsviatko Yovtchev
    Admin
    Tsviatko Yovtchev avatar
    549 posts

    Posted 06 Jun 2017 Link to this post

    Hello,

    Which part of the output is not correct? Could you send the output from this same script on Fiddler v4.6.20171.9220?

    Regards,
    Tsviatko Yovtchev
    Progress Telerik
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
  5. Chakravarthi
    Chakravarthi avatar
    5 posts
    Member since:
    Mar 2015

    Posted 06 Jun 2017 in reply to Tsviatko Yovtchev Link to this post

    Hi, I dont have the older version now and I am not able to find it in Telerik site to download and install. But below was the result I was getting.

     

    fullUrl - http://apiurl.test:443/domainext/webapis/gettrasactionhistory/01/1/date/true
    host - apiurl.test:443
    hostname - apiurl.test
    PathAndQuery - domainext/webapis/gettrasactionhistory/01/1/date/true
    port - 443
    url - apiurl.test:443

     

    So here I was replacing my Host Name alone and was able to change the URL and pass it with new URL and still having the Method parameters. But in the new version when I try this, it is not working as expected. Initially thought it might be browser issues but I tried the same with Firefox and Chrome and same result.

  6. Chakravarthi
    Chakravarthi avatar
    5 posts
    Member since:
    Mar 2015

    Posted 07 Jun 2017 Link to this post

    Was able to find an older version of Fiddler setup (v4.4.5.9) in my backups and test it. I think this is not an issue with Fiddler but something else. I am seeing the same issue with the older version v4.4.5.9 as well. Trying to see what is causing the issue.
Back to Top