This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Fiddler not collecting any data

3 Answers 800 Views
Fiddler Classic
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Avrohom Yisroel
Top achievements
Rank 1
Avrohom Yisroel asked on 31 Dec 2015, 06:41 PM

If I start Fiddler, I see one single session in the left panel, for the URL www.telerik.com/UpdateCheck.aspx?isBeta=false and that's it. No matter how many web sites I visit, nothing else shows up.

I've only just installed it, and haven't changed any options. I also checked the File menu, and the first option Capture Traffic has a tick next to it, implying it thinks it's collecting data.

Any ideas? Thanks

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Eric Lawrence
Telerik team
answered on 31 Dec 2015, 08:51 PM
Hello--

In another thread, you noted that Fiddler is capturing traffic but your browser is showing warnings about the untrusted certificate. I'm not sure how to reconcile these two messages.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/httpfiddler/SsZnGxdxklg lists questions and troubleshooting steps you can explore to resolve missing traffic.

Regards,
Eric Lawrence
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Avrohom Yisroel
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 Dec 2015, 11:36 PM

Hello,

I didn't actually say that it was collecting data in that thread, I said that I was getting an error in my browser when I tried to browse any secure page with Fiddler running.

Anyway, I'll have a look at the links you posted and see if they help. Bit late now, will have to wait until tomorrow.

Thanks for the reply

Avrohom Yisroel
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Jan 2016, 03:48 PM

As I noted in my other thread, it turns out the answer was simple. I was using version 2.6.2, whereas I should have been using 4.6.2. I uninstalled, installed the latest and it works fine.

Thanks

Tags
Fiddler Classic
Asked by
Avrohom Yisroel
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Eric Lawrence
Telerik team
Avrohom Yisroel
Top achievements