My apologies for the delay replying to your post. Please find below answers to your questions.
01. - Is it possible to provide the SAZ file of the captured
session to inspect them?
Ans) Please find the attached file.
02. - Can you provide the content of the Fiddler Log tab?
Ans) Sorry I cannot share the content of Log tab.
03. - How is Fiddler capturing the traffic? For example, is
the composer being used, is a custom rule capturing the traffic or is it
embedded in the Java application?
Ans) We are just opening the Fiddler Web Debugger tool and
capturing client server communication using the "capture traffic"
option from File menu".
04. - How is Fiddler invoking Excel?
Ans) The Fiddler Web Debugger tool is not invoking Excel,
but we are downloading the excel file from the application in chrome browser
and we are opening the same excel file after download. We have Custom build Addin for the application which is in
excel when launched it send https request to back end to pull data from DB,
this was working before, but after the latest fiddler update / OS upgrade on
our machines it started giving 408 Error.
05. - Is Fiddler being used as a System Proxy?
default settings was working but we also tried other options "Use
System Proxy(recommended) and No Proxy" from (Tools -> option ->
Gateway) and neither of the options were working for us.
06. - Is the traffic local, remote or both? If both, which
is local and which is remote?
Ans) We are capturing the Remote traffic. Here the fiddler web
debugger tool is on our local machine and we are hitting to web based UI
application which is http protocol making odata query calls to the DB.
07. - Is CORS configured in the application?
Ans) We are
using default settings only ,not aware if this is enabled or disabled , pleased
guide us if this is needed.
08. - Are their custom action filters on the application
blocking specific domains for HTTP Verbs?
09. - Does the oData Server require user authentication?
Ans) Its SSO Authentication when application is launched , once the application is
launched, users will download the excel and when we open the excel that's when
all the odata query calls are made.
10. - What is the timeout setting of the database?
Ans) More than 120 seconds.
11. - What is the timeout setting of the application?
than 120 seconds.
Thank you very much for working on our post. We will be awaiting your soonest response.