This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

FabricatedMethod

4 Answers 164 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Yann
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yann asked on 17 Jul 2015, 08:29 AM

Hello,

while decompiling System.Web.Http.Owin.dll (Microsoft.Aspnet.WebApi.Owin Nuget package), I ​found PassiveAuthenticationMessageHandler.SendAsync method which contains following source code:

protected override async Task<HttpResponseMessage> SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
{
    if (request == null)
    {
        throw new ArgumentNullException("request");
    }

PassiveAuthenticationMessageHandler.SetCurrentPrincipalToAnonymous(request);
    HttpResponseMessage httpResponseMessage = await this.<>n__FabricatedMethod3(request, cancellationToken);
    PassiveAuthenticationMessageHandler.SuppressDefaultAuthenticationChallenges(request);
    return httpResponseMessage;
}

What does 'this.<>n__FabricatedMethod3' mean? Is it calling base class SendAsync method? Any link towards some explanations of this notation? Of course, if I click on it, no such method is found.

Thanks!

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Alexander
Telerik team
answered on 22 Jul 2015, 11:03 AM
Hello Yann,

The C# compiler generate methods with such names for base method invocations which are returning Task and the await operator is applied to that task. In this case JustDecompile failed to convert the compiler generated stuff to proper C#. What should be done in this case: the "<>n__FabricatedMethod3" method invocation must be replaced with the expression of the return statement from the "<>n__FabricatedMethod3" method. 

However, you can still see the compiler generated method. You must enable "Show compiler generated types and members" from the settings menu and restart the application in order for this change to take effect. If you need any further assistance, please, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Please, update regularly and stay tuned.

Regards,
Alexander
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Jun 2019, 05:48 PM

Every time i try and change the setting in JustDecompile it automatically restarts and reverts the setting back to the default.

Any advice?

Kammen
Telerik team
answered on 02 Jul 2019, 07:28 AM
Hello Michael,

Thank you for contacting us. 

Can you share more detailed steps to reproduce this? 

Regards,
Kammen
Progress Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
andrew
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 Jan 2020, 10:01 AM

I just hit this same problem.

When I choose to run as administrator, I can save settings changes. 

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Yann
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Alexander
Telerik team
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1