This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Exception after updating to Telerik.Documents.SpreadSheet 2020.3.1019

4 Answers 156 Views
SpreadProcessing
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Bart
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Bart asked on 02 Dec 2020, 02:32 PM

Hi

I'm trying to update from Telerik.Documents.Spreadsheet 2020.3.915 to 2020.3.1019

I get the following exception:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException : Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Zip, Version=2020.3.1019.20, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5803cfa389c90ce7'. The system cannot find the file specified.

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dimitar
Telerik team
answered on 03 Dec 2020, 11:37 AM

Hello Bart,

It seems that the Telerik.Zip assembly is not referenced. The RadSpreadsheet library is depending on this asembly. Please make sure that this assmbly is referenced, and it has the correct version. Then you can clean and rebuild your project. 

I hope this helps. Should you have any other questions do not hesitate to ask.

Regards,
Dimitar
Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Blazor course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.

Bart
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
answered on 03 Dec 2020, 01:11 PM

Hi Dimitar,

It looks like that the RadSpreadsheet assembly  has a WinFows dependancy. For a .net Standard  app this doesn't look ok.

According to the depencies 
the Telerik.Documents.Spreadsheet.FormatProviders.OpenXml is dependent on:
        Telerik.Documents.Spreadsheet
        Telerik.Documents.Core

Both are installed and I get the same exception

Accepted
Dimitar
Telerik team
answered on 04 Dec 2020, 09:29 AM

Hi Bart,

The NET Standart version does not depend on WinForms. You can find all the required assemblies in the following article: Assembly References.

If you are still getting the same exception, open the project folder, delete the bin and obj folders and then rebuild the project.  

Let me know how this works on your side.

Regards,
Dimitar
Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Blazor course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.

Bart
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
answered on 07 Dec 2020, 08:16 AM
Apparently that did the trick.
There is no dependency to this library so this must be added manually

<PackageReference Include="Telerik.Documents.Core" Version="2020.3.1019" />
    <PackageReference Include="Telerik.Documents.Spreadsheet" Version="2020.3.1019" />
    <PackageReference Include="Telerik.Documents.Spreadsheet.FormatProviders.OpenXml" Version="2020.3.1019" />
    <PackageReference Include="Telerik.Zip" Version="2020.3.1019" />

Tags
SpreadProcessing
Asked by
Bart
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Answers by
Dimitar
Telerik team
Bart