This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Error on opening of new browser --CRM 2011

3 Answers 66 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Saket
Top achievements
Rank 1
Saket asked on 10 Nov 2011, 10:16 AM
Hi,

I am trying to open a new new on a button click from the browser, the new url opens in a new window however the parent browser automatically closes with the message "Internet explorere not responding". When debugged i get the following exception
ExecuteCommand failed!
InError set by the client. Client Error:
System.ArgumentException: Tag collection is either empty or has less elements than the element occurrence requested. RequestedIndex: '30', ElementLength: '29'
   at ArtOfTest.InternetExplorer.IECommandProcessor.FindElement(ElementIdMessage id)
   at ArtOfTest.InternetExplorer.IECommandProcessor.ProcessInformationCommands(BrowserCommand request)
   at ArtOfTest.InternetExplorer.IECommandProcessor.ProcessCommand(WebBrowserClass ieInstance, BrowserCommand request, IHTMLDocument2 document)
BrowserCommand (Type:'Information',Info:'ElementRectangle',Action:'NotSet',Target:'ElementId (tagName: 'a',occurrenceIndex: '30')',Data:'',ClientId:'Client_c57cc8ce-55aa-4cb7-886e-89161445d243',HasFrames:'False',FramesInfo:'',TargetFrameIndex:'-1',InError:'True',Response:'System.ArgumentException: Tag collection is either empty or has less elements than the element occurrence requested. RequestedIndex: '30', ElementLength: '29'
   at ArtOfTest.InternetExplorer.IECommandProcessor.FindElement(ElementIdMessage id)
   at ArtOfTest.InternetExplorer.IECommandProcessor.ProcessInformationCommands(BrowserCommand request)
   at ArtOfTest.InternetExplorer.IECommandProcessor.ProcessCommand(WebBrowserClass ieInstance, BrowserCommand request, IHTMLDocument2 document)')
InnerException: none.

Also the new browser is not connected giving manager.ActiveBrowser as null (resulting in object refrence )

Any help is highly appreciated.
Thanks

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Cody
Telerik team
answered on 15 Nov 2011, 08:12 PM
Hello Saket,

We do not know what can cause this error. To assist you further we need some way of reproducing this problem on our local machines. Is there some way we can get direct access to your application? If not, sometimes sending us a Fiddler trace along with a video can help us reproduce the problem and analyze it so we can come up with the right solution for you.

Regards,
Cody
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
ravi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Feb 2012, 02:30 PM
Hello All

I am getting a similar error on my system when handling a iframe window,

initally I am abel to set the data on the iFrame window and submit, after submit there is a confirm message with close button I got problem handling the close button on the iFrame.

Getting the error as below :

Failure Information:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Exception thrown executing coded step: '[CloseWindow] : Close Change Language window'.

InnerException:

ArtOfTest.WebAii.Exceptions.ExecuteCommandException: ExecuteCommand failed!

InError set by the client. Client Error:

System.ArgumentException: Tag collection is either empty or has less elements than the element occurrence requested. RequestedIndex: '18', ElementLength: '9'

at ArtOfTest.InternetExplorer.IECommandProcessor.ProcessActionCommands(BrowserCommand request)

at ArtOfTest.InternetExplorer.IECommandProcessor.ProcessCommand(WebBrowserClass ieInstance, BrowserCommand request, IHTMLDocument2 document)

BrowserCommand (Type:'Action',Info:'NotSet',Action:'InvokeEvent',Target:'ElementId (tagName: 'input',occurrenceIndex: '18')',Data:'onclick--@@--null',ClientId:'Client_2a62195b-e10a-405f-a4f5-923a4406aa6a',HasFrames:'False',FramesInfo:'',TargetFrameIndex:'0',InError:'True',Response:'System.ArgumentException: Tag collection is either empty or has less elements than the element occurrence requested. RequestedIndex: '18', ElementLength: '9'

at ArtOfTest.InternetExplorer.IECommandProcessor.ProcessActionCommands(BrowserCommand request)

at ArtOfTest.InternetExplorer.IECommandProcessor.ProcessCommand(WebBrowserClass ieInstance, BrowserCommand request, IHTMLDocument2 document)')

InnerException: none.

Cody
Telerik team
answered on 01 Mar 2012, 11:42 PM
Hello ravi,

I apologize for the delay responding back to you (we're slightly overloaded in support at the moment).

I'm afraid the error message alone is not enough information to diagnose what is causing it. All the error message tells me is that the test was attempting to click on the 18th <input> element, but there were only 9 of them at the time of the test.

To further diagnose this I will need a copy of your test along with direct access to your application so i can actually run your test and study what is happening within your application to determine what is the root cause of this problem.

Regards,
Cody
the Telerik team
Quickly become an expert in Test Studio, check out our new training sessions!
Test Studio Trainings
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Saket
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Cody
Telerik team
ravi
Top achievements