This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Build 1607: IE9 download dialogs don't work

13 Answers 85 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Alexey Ivanov
Top achievements
Rank 1
Alexey Ivanov asked on 08 Apr 2011, 12:36 PM
Hi,

I cannot submit a bug, because I'm not a license holder, so I report it here.

in IE9, download dialogs were replaced be an orange bar at the bottom of the page.
Neither IEDownloadDialog nor DownloadDialogsHandler work in IE9.

13 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Daniel Djambov
Telerik team
answered on 13 Apr 2011, 01:55 PM
Hi Alexey,

I'm sorry for the problems you encountered after upgrading to IE9.

This is a known issue and we are currently working on it. Will let you know when it is fixed and the build including the fix is available for download.

Kind regards,
Daniel Djambov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Alexey Ivanov
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Apr 2011, 09:07 AM
Ok, thanks
Will wait for the fixed build.
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
answered on 15 Apr 2011, 11:59 AM
Hello Alexey,

The latest build I pointed you to in the forums here should also solve this problem.

Kind regards,
Konstantin Petkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Alexey Ivanov
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Apr 2011, 12:02 PM
Thank you, Konstantin.
I'll check it and let you know.
Alexey Ivanov
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Apr 2011, 01:29 PM
Unfortunately, Build 1615 brought no changes in this area :(

When a file is downloading, the "orange bar" at the bottom appears and nothing happens.
Do I miss any setting? Or should I use another class to handle dialogs in IE9?
Stoich
Telerik team
answered on 20 Apr 2011, 12:56 PM
Hi Alexey,
    download handlers work. in 1615. However, they are not automatically added during recording. Instead you will have to manually add a Dialog Handler at the point in your test where one is required (screenshot 1) (if you're using Test Studio). Here's the code for a test that successfully handles a Download dialog (IE9, WebAii 1615):

ArtOfTest.WebAii.Win32.Dialogs.DownloadDialogsHandler downloadDialog = new DownloadDialogsHandler(ActiveBrowser,
DialogButton.SAVE, "C:\\PQZHoldings.csv", Manager.Desktop);

HtmlAnchor a =    Find.ByExpression<ArtOfTest.WebAii.Controls.HtmlControls.HtmlAnchor>("id=ctl00_MainPageLeft_MainPageContent_ExportHoldings1_LinkButton1", "tagname=a");

a.Click(false);

downloadDialog.WaitUntilHandled(10000);
Try to run it. I believe that you're unable to get this to work because of your IE settings. Try adding the app under testing in "Trusted sites". Make sure the download isn't blocked by IE's security setting.

Of course recording will also work in our next official release (R1) expected by the end of this month.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Best wishes,
Stoich
the Telerik team
Alexey Ivanov
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Apr 2011, 02:53 PM
Ok, I will double check it...
Stoich
Telerik team
answered on 26 Apr 2011, 01:28 PM
Hello Alexey,
          how did it go? Are you still having problems getting this to work?

All the best,
Stoich
the Telerik team
Alexey Ivanov
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Apr 2011, 01:57 PM
Hello Stoich!

It worked.
My fault was that I first clicked the anchor and then started the dialog monitor (this worked in IE 7 and 8 however).
When I changed the call order, then the file started downloading.

BUT, there is another problem: IE9 saves files to the default Downloads folder. That is, it ignores the saveLocation argument passed to the DownloadDialogsHandler constructor.
So in my test I cannot check if that file was actually saved.

Should I additionally configure IE9?

Stoich
Telerik team
answered on 02 May 2011, 03:10 PM
Hi Alexey,
    I've confirmed this problem and I've logged this as a bug. You can track its progress here:
http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/test-studio/5794

There's no real workaround for this other than changing IE9's default download folder (screenshot 1 and 2).

Hope to hear from you soon.

All the best,
Stoich
the Telerik team
Alexey Ivanov
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 May 2011, 04:47 PM
The link you provided says that the bug status is RESOLVED.
Do you have a nighly build containing this fix?
Cody
Telerik team
answered on 06 May 2011, 07:46 PM
Hello Alexey Ivanov,

I am sorry to have to report that this particular bug has not actually been fixed yet. PITS is reporting incorrect information. I have forwarded this problem to our website people to address the incorrect status reporting of PITS. My apologies to you for our incorrect information.

Kind regards,
Cody
the Telerik team
Shtilianov
Telerik team
answered on 22 Jun 2011, 04:59 PM
Hello Alexey Ivanov,

The issue you described is fixed in our latest internal build (labeled 2011.1.621). Now SaveAs dialogs are supported in IE9.

Kind regards,
Miro
the Telerik team
Register today for a live 'What's New in Test Studio R1 2011 SP2' event on Tuesday, July 19 at 2pm EST!

Have you looked at the new Online User Guide for Telerik Test Studio?
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Alexey Ivanov
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Daniel Djambov
Telerik team
Alexey Ivanov
Top achievements
Rank 1