Another "Wait for condition has timed out" while launching browser thread.

7 posts, 0 answers
  1. Derick
    Derick avatar
    4 posts
    Member since:
    Jul 2010

    Posted 20 Jan 2011 Link to this post

    I wasn't sure if I should resurrect one of the previous threads or start my own. Either way, here's the issue.

    My team has been running Webaii via Gallio test runner for the last year or so. We recently wanted to take advantage of some of the bug fixes in the most recent release. Our previous release was the 2010.1. I upgraded to 2010.3 and when attempting to launch any test, I get a timeout error akin to many of the others listed on these forums.

    So far, I have tried:

    • Resetting the security settings on IE and following all of the steps on the configure IE 7 page.
    • I am on Windows 7 64-bit, and I have Ensured that I am building against x86.
    • I have set the local security settings to not restrict anonymous access to named pipes as indicated here.
    • I have attempted to uninstall and reinstall the webaii framework, during this process I made sure that all folders and assemblies were deleted as indicated here.
    • I have turned off all other addons in IE8. And I know that the new version doesn't use addons anymore, but I tried it anyway.
    • Running the test in firefox also does not produce results.
    • Ensured that there is only one manager being instantiated, considering the tests worked in 2010.1, this shouldn't be a problem but I checked anyway.
    • Ensured that I am only running IE8 32 bit edition.
    Any help would be hugely appreciated. 

    thank you,

    Derick
  2. Stoich
    Admin
    Stoich avatar
    1 posts

    Posted 27 Jan 2011 Link to this post

    Hello Derick,
       I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue.
    That being said, the WebAii Framework comes with its own runner - ArtOfTest.Runner.exe. I recommend that you use that unless you have specific reasons to go with Gallio. We don't guarantee any degree of integration with Gallio.

    You state that you've tried just about everything we recommend for resolving the timeout error. This leads me to believe the problem is somehow related to Gallio and not with WebAii per se.

    Please run your tests with ArtOfTest.Runner.exe (you'll find it in the installation dir for WebAii) I want to see whether the problem will still appear.
    Also, if possible, please go ahead and send us your test project. Since this this a public forum I'll give you my e-mail to send it to(when you confirm you can send it).

    Hope to hear from you soon!

    Greetings,
    Stoich
    the Telerik team
    Interested in Agile Testing? Check out Telerik TV for a recording of Automated Testing in the Agile Environment
  3. Derick
    Derick avatar
    4 posts
    Member since:
    Jul 2010

    Posted 27 Jan 2011 Link to this post

    Stoitch,

    I'm waiting on whether or not I can send you the project. In the mean time, I apologize for the trivial nature of this request, but I can't seem to find ArtOfTest.Runner.Exe. I downloaded the WebAii Testing Framework Free edition, and my folder structure is the following:

    Telerik
     - WebAii Testing Framework 2010.3
     - - Bin
     - - Browser Extensions
     - - Documentation
     - - Samples
    And the ArtOfTest.Runner.Exe file is not anywhere to be found in those folders either. Is there a paid version that includes the test runner?

    Derick

  4. Stoich
    Admin
    Stoich avatar
    1 posts

    Posted 02 Feb 2011 Link to this post

    Hi Derick,
       I apologize I've mislead you - I had it wrong and ArtOfTest.Runner.exe is actually not included with the free WebAii Framework.

    We'll try to resolve the issue ASAP when you send us your project.

    Meanwhile please check whether your tests run correctly without using Gallio - I want to be sure the problem is specifically related to Gallio (my hunch is it might not be)

    Hope to hear from you soon

    Kind regards,
    Stoich
    the Telerik team
    Interested in Agile Testing? Check out Telerik TV for a recording of Automated Testing in the Agile Environment
  5. Derick
    Derick avatar
    4 posts
    Member since:
    Jul 2010

    Posted 17 Feb 2011 Link to this post

    The problem was neither with Telerik or Gallio. I had assumed that we were doing direct references to the dlls for Telerik. In actuality, whoever had set up our project was copying the DLLs over to the project. Once I realized this, and updated the dlls, the tests ran.

    Thank you for your time and effort looking into this problem.
  6. Tony
    Tony avatar
    5 posts
    Member since:
    Dec 2010

    Posted 23 Feb 2011 Link to this post

    Hey Derick,

    What exactly did you do to make this work?  I'm having the exact same symptoms as you, only I'm using FitNesse instead of Gallio.
  7. Derick
    Derick avatar
    4 posts
    Member since:
    Jul 2010

    Posted 23 Feb 2011 Link to this post

    We were copying the DLLs for both Gallio and Telerik into their own folders in our project. For example, we had all of the Telerik dlls in C:/<ProjectLocation>/Telerik. Once I realized this and found which DLLs we were copying, I did the upgrade to Telerik and Gallio and then copied the DLLs from their respective bin folders (C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\WebAii Testing Framework 2010.3\Bin for my Telerik install, for example) into my project folder (C:\<ProjectLocation>\Telerik). I'm not sure why we copied the DLLs in this manner, but, we did. 
Back to Top