Radchart Customization

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Jitendra Mandalia
    Jitendra Mandalia avatar
    6 posts

Posted 28 Dec 2009 Link to this post

Dear Telerik Team,

I have recently downloaded Q3 2009 release and facing some problem customizing the same for our requirement.

Below are the issues I am facing.

1.      Is it possible to have vertical line from X-Axis to the top of the chart area? If so how is it possible? As shown in attached image, I tried achieving the same using separate series but as I increase the Y-Value for vertical line series (series with “Test” XCategory), the max value of the chart increases and the vertical line could not reach to top of the chart area as shown for “Test” XCategory.

Also I want this line to be drawn at the center of the chart. I am using double values for YValue and string values for XCategory for both the series. I want, the second series with XCategory “Test”, to be displayed in center of the chart.

I am fine with vertical bar or line.

2.      I also want to have horizontal trend line or trend bar from YAxis to the horizontal end of the chart area. How can this be possible using new series as there also I will face above issues mentioned for vertical line.

3.      How to change the themes for the charts and what is the way to create customized themes as we have custom colors for each chart on reporting services and migrating from the same to telerik charts?

4.      I also asked in past that I want to show Legend center aligned horizontally and below the X-Axis and not on the right hand side as shown in attached image. I am told that the same is possible with changing the layout of the charts control. Can you give me the example of the same?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
    Jitendra 

2. Vladimir Milev
    Admin
    Vladimir Milev avatar
    1061 posts

Posted 04 Jan 2010 Link to this post

Hello Jitendra Mandalia,

1) This is not possible out-of-the-box. We are planning to have "custom grid line"

2) This is also not possible out-of-the-box, however, you can approximate it using line series. You can check this example to see how to disable labels and point-marks for line series.

3) You can read here how to change the theme of the control. Here you can read how to further customize the default theme of RadChart.

4) You might want to review this blog post.

Kind regards,
    Vladimir Milev
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.