This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
2009.3.1103.4 and CLOB's
6 Answers 70 Views
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
cayates
Top achievements
Rank 1
cayates asked on 14 Dec 2009, 08:30 AM
Hello,

I upgraded to 2009.3.1103.4 and now CLOB's are returning as null when they actually have data in them.  Here are the steps I took:

1) Brand new project
2) Enable project to use telerik (using oracle 10g database with odp driver)
3) Reverse engineer a table that has a CLOB column
4) Do a simple OqlQuery that selects the object

The data member that is mapped to the clob is null even though the table has data in that column.  The previous version I was using, 2008.3.1327.2, worked fine before.

Is there a known bug with that version and Oracle clob's?

Thanks,

Chris

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
0
Jan Blessenohl
Telerik team
answered on 14 Dec 2009, 01:21 PM
Hi cayates,

I am sorry, you are right, I have to dig into that and find out why it happens. The workaround is to use varchar type in the middle.

<field name="nClobString">
  <extension key="db-column">
    <extension key="db-sql-type" value="NCLOB" />
    <extension key="db-length" value="0" />
    <extension key="db-type" value="VARCHAR" />
  </extension>
</field>

We will fix that ASAP and keep you informed.

Greetings,
Jan Blessenohl
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
0
cayates
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Dec 2009, 05:59 PM
That fixed the problem of selecting the CLOB data, however, here's the error I got when I tried that while doing an update:

Update failed: Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.sql.SQLException: ORA-00932: inconsistent datatypes: expected - got CLOB
   at Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.Adonet2Generic.Impl.PreparedStatementImp.executeUpdate()
   at OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.conn.PooledPreparedStatement.executeUpdate()
   at OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.RelationalStorageManager.generateUpdates(OID oid, Int32 index, ClassMetaData cmd, PersistGraph graph, Int32[] fieldNos, Boolean haveNewObjects, CharBuf s)

Is there a workaround for that also?

Thanks,

Chris
0
Jan Blessenohl
Telerik team
answered on 19 Dec 2009, 04:03 PM
Hello cayates,
A custom build that fixes your problem is now available in your download area.


Kind regards,
Jan Blessenohl
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
0
Ricardo Moura
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Feb 2010, 12:53 PM
We have the same problem here. Can we get that custom build with the fix ?
0
Ady
Telerik team
answered on 09 Feb 2010, 03:48 PM
Hi Ricardo Moura,

 Can you upgrade to the latest internal build? You can download it via the 'Downloads' link in your account page. Click on the 'Internal builds' link to see a list of available internal builds.

Kind regards,
Ady
the Telerik team

Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Follow the status of features or bugs in PITS and vote for them to affect their priority.
0
Ricardo Moura
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Feb 2010, 05:49 PM
Hi,

We have already upgraded, and it worked fine.

Thanks.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
cayates
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Jan Blessenohl
Telerik team
cayates
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ricardo Moura
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ady
Telerik team
Share this question
or