The Telerik RadTextBox shares most of the properties of the standard Windows Forms text box, including:
- The BackColor property sets the background color of the control.
- The ForeColor property sets the text property of the control.
- The Text property sets the current text in the control.
- The CharacterCasing property specifies whether the user can type upper-case, lower-case, or both.
- The MaxLength property sets the maximum number of characters that can be typed into the control.
- The MultiLine property controls whether multiple lines of text can be displayed in the control.
In addition, RadTextBox has a new property not shared by the standard Windows Forms text box:
- The NullText property specifies text to be displayed when the control has no Text value. When the control receives the focus, this text is automatically removed.