Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
2 answers

Hi guys!

I am working on a project with some Telerik components but I can not display the designer view in VS2022. There is no error, but the designer only displays the components without the final result (see image) so I can not move or render as I wish

I have tried installing the DLL in my GAC as suggested in other posts but still the same.

Any idea? 

Álvaro
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
 answered on 30 Nov 2023
4 answers

Hi

Every day, I get an error when I try to open the designer of a form in VS2019.

The error says: Visual Studio stopped responding for 22 seconds. Disabling the extension Progress Telerik UI for WinForms 2020.2.612.1 might help.

I have tried a few things like "Lauch Toolbox configurator" which seems to solve the issue for the day but the next day (after a reboot of the computer), the same error is thrown again.

How can I solve the issue and improve the performance at the same time (because showing a form in the designer takes a while)?

Kieam
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 answered on 28 Nov 2023
1 answer

Hello,

I'm having trouble installing Telerik UI for Winforms (version 2023.1.314) on Visual Studio 2022 (version 17.0.5).

When I install the extension I get the error in the attached screenshot. I'm able to make the error go away temporarily by deleting the contents of %localappdata%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\17.0_001382ae\ComponentModelCache. But I still get errors when I try to build the solution that already contains Telerik components indicating that I am missing an assembly reference.

Also, many components in the toolbox don't actually get added to the form when I try to drag and drop them in. 

I've tired uninstalling and reinstalling Telerik several times and running the repair function on the Telerik installer.  When available I've tried running the Toolbox Configurator and the Upgrade Wizard but neither have made any difference. Most often the Telerik menu doesn't populate with either  (see menu screenshot attached). 

Momchil
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Jun 2023
7 answers
1.5K+ views

I've had this nagging error for the last few months with Visual Studio 2022.  

Visual Studio 2022 stopped responding for 88 seconds. Disabling the extension Progress Telerik UI for Winforms Extension 2202.3.921.3.

The seconds shown are grossly underreported and exceed 180 seconds. I disabled it through Extensions>Manage Extensions.  The freezing has stopped.

VS2019 is not exhibiting this behavior. 

Microsoft Visual Studio Enterprise 2022
Version 17.4.0 Preview 2.1
VisualStudio.17.Preview/17.4.0-pre.2.1+32916.344
Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 4.8.04084

Win 10 21H2, Core i9-12900K, 64/1TNVMe

erwin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Iron
 answered on 16 Jun 2023
0 answers

Hello everyone,

I'm running into a peculiar issue with VS Community v17.0.4 2019 and the Telerik Extension.  When I attempt to launch the Upgrade Wizard (or most of the other options):

I get the following error to pop up:

Here is the full stack trace from that dialog as well:

Failed to execute command.

Microsoft.VisualStudio.Composition.CompositionFailedException: Expected 1 export(s) with contract name "NuGet.VisualStudio.IVsNuGetProjectUpdateEvents" but found 0 after applying applicable constraints.
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Composition.ExportProvider.GetExports(ImportDefinition importDefinition)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Composition.ExportProvider.GetExports[T,TMetadataView](String contractName, ImportCardinality cardinality)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Composition.ExportProvider.GetExport[T,TMetadataView](String contractName)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Composition.ExportProvider.GetExportedValue[T]()
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.ComponentModelHost.ComponentModel.GetService[T]()
   at Telerik.VSX.NuGet.NuGetPackageService..ctor()
   at Telerik.VSX.Internal.ProjectManagement.ProjectWrapUIComponentsBase..ctor(Project dteProject)
   at Telerik.WinControls.VSX.Helpers.ProjectWrapFactory.<>c.<.cctor>b__5_0(Project p)
   at Telerik.VSX.Internal.ProjectManagement.ProjectWrapFactoryBase`1.GetForProject(Project project)
   at Telerik.VSX.Internal.ProjectManagement.ProjectWrapFactoryBase`1.GetForFirstSelectedProject(IServiceProvider serviceProvider)
   at Telerik.WinControls.VSX.ProjectConfigurators.StreamlinedProjectConfiguration.GetDplConfigurationTypeSelector()
   at Telerik.WinControls.VSX.ProjectConfigurators.StreamlinedProjectConfiguration.StartPdfProcessingConfigurationWizard()
   at Telerik.VSX.VSPackage.PackageBase.CommandCallback(Object sender, EventArgs e)

I removed the extension & re-installed it, but the issue still persists.  Has anyone else seen this error before?

Greg
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 11 May 2023
0 answers

I get this message when starting Visual Studio.

message: Visual Studio stopped responding for x seconds (x s anywhere from 6 to 20).

Disabling the extension Progress Telerik UI for WinForms Extension 2023.1.113.1 might help.

Microsoft Visual Studio Enterprise 2022 (64-bit) - Preview Version 17.6.0 Preview 1.0

and previous versions also.

Also previous versions of UI for WinForms.

It does not matter if I am working on a WinForms project or not.

Works find after that.

-George

George
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 27 Feb 2023
1 answer

When I open a solution in Visual Studio, it often goes into a non-responsive state, with the following report:

The product I use is Telerik WinForm and it is in Trial status.

The Korean message below is translated into English as follows.

"This may cause Visual Studio to become unresponsive. Disabling extensions can improve your experience. Frequency: 6 reports from last week."

Vesko
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Aug 2022
3 answers
1.1K+ views

I am getting an error after I upgrade to WinControls.UI Version 2022.2.622.40

Invalid Resx file. Could not load type System.DelegateSerializationHolder, Telerik.WinControls.UI, Version=2022.2.622.40, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5bb2a467cbec794e which is used in the .RESX file.  Ensure that the necessary references have been added to your project. Line 4694, position 5.

Error here:

<data name="RadRibbonBarGroup1.CreateAdapterMethod" mimetype="application/x-microsoft.net.object.binary.base64">
    <value>
        AAEAAAD/////AQAAAAAAAAAMAgAAAF9UZWxlcmlrLldpbkNvbnRyb2xzLlVJLCBWZXJzaW9uPTIwMjIu
        Mi42MjIuNDAsIEN1bHR1cmU9bmV1dHJhbCwgUHVibGljS2V5VG9rZW49NWJiMmE0NjdjYmVjNzk0ZQUB
        AAAAIlN5c3RlbS5EZWxlZ2F0ZVNlcmlhbGl6YXRpb25Ib2xkZXICAAAACERlbGVnYXRlB21ldGhvZDAD
        AzBTeXN0ZW0uRGVsZWdhdGVTZXJpYWxpemF0aW9uSG9sZGVyK0RlbGVnYXRlRW50cnkvU3lzdGVtLlJl
        ZmxlY3Rpb24uTWVtYmVySW5mb1NlcmlhbGl6YXRpb25Ib2xkZXICAAAACQMAAAAJBAAAAAQDAAAAMFN5
        c3RlbS5EZWxlZ2F0ZVNlcmlhbGl6YXRpb25Ib2xkZXIrRGVsZWdhdGVFbnRyeQcAAAAEdHlwZQhhc3Nl
        bWJseQZ0YXJnZXQSdGFyZ2V0VHlwZUFzc2VtYmx5DnRhcmdldFR5cGVOYW1lCm1ldGhvZE5hbWUNZGVs
        ZWdhdGVFbnRyeQEBAgEBAQMwU3lzdGVtLkRlbGVnYXRlU2VyaWFsaXphdGlvbkhvbGRlcitEZWxlZ2F0
        ZUVudHJ5BgUAAABEVGVsZXJpay5XaW5Db250cm9scy5MYXlvdXRzLkNvbGxhcHNpYmxlRWxlbWVudCtD
        cmVhdGVBZGFwdGVyRGVsZWdhdGUGBgAAAF9UZWxlcmlrLldpbkNvbnRyb2xzLlVJLCBWZXJzaW9uPTIw
        MjIuMi42MjIuNDAsIEN1bHR1cmU9bmV1dHJhbCwgUHVibGljS2V5VG9rZW49NWJiMmE0NjdjYmVjNzk0
        ZQoJBgAAAAYHAAAAMFRlbGVyaWsuV2luQ29udHJvbHMuVUkuQ29sbGFwc2libGVBZGFwdGVyRmFjdG9y
        eQYIAAAADUNyZWF0ZUFkYXB0ZXIKBAQAAAAvU3lzdGVtLlJlZmxlY3Rpb24uTWVtYmVySW5mb1Nlcmlh
        bGl6YXRpb25Ib2xkZXIHAAAABE5hbWUMQXNzZW1ibHlOYW1lCUNsYXNzTmFtZQlTaWduYXR1cmUKU2ln
        bmF0dXJlMgpNZW1iZXJUeXBlEEdlbmVyaWNBcmd1bWVudHMBAQEBAQADCA1TeXN0ZW0uVHlwZVtdCQgA
        AAAJBgAAAAkHAAAABgsAAABcVGVsZXJpay5XaW5Db250cm9scy5MYXlvdXRzLkNvbGxhcHNpYmxlRWxl
        bWVudCBDcmVhdGVBZGFwdGVyKFRlbGVyaWsuV2luQ29udHJvbHMuUmFkRWxlbWVudCkGDAAAAFxUZWxl
        cmlrLldpbkNvbnRyb2xzLkxheW91dHMuQ29sbGFwc2libGVFbGVtZW50IENyZWF0ZUFkYXB0ZXIoVGVs
        ZXJpay5XaW5Db250cm9scy5SYWRFbGVtZW50KQgAAAAKCw==
</value>
  </data>

I have loaded a backup of my project and upgraded again and I still get the same error after I clean and rebuild the project. Any suggestions to fix this or workaround would be appreciated.

Maria
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Aug 2022
1 answer

hi, i use imageEditor  in my winform application, when i run application and try to use crop image with imageEditor the accept and cancel button doesn't shown... like attached picture. please help.

Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jul 2022
2 answers

Hello,

I'm using VS 2019 (Image 0)

Since the last update I'm getting this error trying to update projects: (image 1)

Failed to execute command.

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'c:\users\jonovoa\appdata\local\microsoft\visualstudio\16.0_8573c414\extensions\akzfqu3o.rq0\ProjectManagement\Upgrade\ScenarioDefinition.xml'.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize)
   at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials, IWebProxy proxy, RequestCachePolicy cachePolicy)
   at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrlDelegate(Object xmlResolver)
   at System.Threading.CompressedStack.runTryCode(Object userData)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
   at System.Threading.CompressedStack.Run(CompressedStack compressedStack, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrl()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
   at Telerik.VSX.WizardEngine.Configuration.ScenarioDefinition.Deserialize(String fileName)
   at Telerik.VSX.ProjectConfiguration.ProjectConfigurationTypeSelectorBase.GetScenario(ProjectManagementScenarioPath path)
   at Telerik.WinControls.VSX.ProjectConfigurators.ProjectConfigurationTypeSelector.ProjectUpgrade(IPropertyDataDictionary additionalPreWizardData)
   at Telerik.WinControls.VSX.ProjectConfigurators.StreamlinedProjectConfiguration.StartUpgradeWizard()
   at Telerik.WinControls.VSPackage.CommandExecutor.Execute(UInt32 commandId)
   at Telerik.VSX.VSPackage.PackageBase.CommandCallback(Object sender, EventArgs e)

I have tried to remove and reinstall from Telerik control panel, it didn't work.

I also tried removing and reinstalling the extension within visual studio. it didn't work. 

I have found that the path c:\users\jonovoa\appdata\local\microsoft\visualstudio\16.0_8573c414\extensions\akzfqu3o.rq0 (image 2)

does not contain the folder mentioned in the error description: 

c:\users\jonovoa\appdata\local\microsoft\visualstudio\16.0_8573c414\extensions\akzfqu3o.rq0\ProjectManagement 

I just noted that I have another path with all the files: (image 3)

C:\Users\jonovoa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\16.0_8573c414\Extensions\p2gdkolo.2so\ProjectManagement\Upgrade

Finally:

Visual studio throws a couple of warnings due to UNRESPONSIVE EXTENSIONS, with the following offenders:

"Progress Telerik  UI for Winforms Extension version 2021.2.505.1" (image 4)

"Progess Telerik WInforms Converter version 2021.2.505.1" (image 5)

My installed version is: R2 2021 (2021.2.511.0) (image 6)

Please help me to solve this.

Thanks,

Jorge

GIAnet
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
 answered on 26 Nov 2021
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
DropDownList
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
ListView
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
Form
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
Menu
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
MaskedEditBox
CommandBar
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
ListControl
Carousel
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
GanttView
New Product Suggestions
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
AutoCompleteBox
Label
VirtualGrid
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
TitleBar
Documentation
SplitContainer
Map
DesktopAlert
ProgressBar
Rotator
TrackBar
MessageBox
CheckedDropDownList
SpinEditor
StatusStrip
CheckedListBox
Wizard
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
LayoutControl
CollapsiblePanel
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
CAB Enabling Kit
TabbedForm
DataEntry
GroupBox
ScrollablePanel
WaitingBar
ImageEditor
ScrollBar
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
ColorDialog
FileDialogs
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
BindingNavigator
PopupEditor
RibbonForm
TaskBoard
Barcode
Styling
ColorBox
PictureBox
Callout
VirtualKeyboard
FilterView
Accessibility
DataLayout
NavigationView
ToastNotificationManager
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
ValidationProvider
FontDropDownList
Licensing
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
Overlay
Security
Separator
SparkLine
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
BarcodeView
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
Flyout
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
+? more
Top users last month
horváth
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Steve
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Erkki
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
Jakub
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
horváth
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Steve
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Erkki
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
Jakub
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron