Issue installing Telerik UI for WinForms in Visual Studio 2022

1 Answer 554 Views
Visual Studio Extensions
Vanda
Top achievements
Rank 1
Vanda asked on 16 Jun 2023, 07:22 PM

Hello,

I'm having trouble installing Telerik UI for Winforms (version 2023.1.314) on Visual Studio 2022 (version 17.0.5).

When I install the extension I get the error in the attached screenshot. I'm able to make the error go away temporarily by deleting the contents of %localappdata%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\17.0_001382ae\ComponentModelCache. But I still get errors when I try to build the solution that already contains Telerik components indicating that I am missing an assembly reference.

Also, many components in the toolbox don't actually get added to the form when I try to drag and drop them in. 

I've tired uninstalling and reinstalling Telerik several times and running the repair function on the Telerik installer.  When available I've tried running the Toolbox Configurator and the Upgrade Wizard but neither have made any difference. Most often the Telerik menu doesn't populate with either  (see menu screenshot attached). 

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Momchil
Telerik team
answered on 21 Jun 2023, 12:45 PM

Hello Vanda,

The described behavior is similar to a known issue in our Visual Studio extensions which happens when the version of the Visual Studio is not updated to the latest version.

Could you please check if following the steps described in this KB article will help resolving the issue?

Please let us know if this helps.

Regards,
Momchil
Progress Telerik

Love the Telerik and Kendo UI products and believe more people should try them? Invite a fellow developer to become a Progress customer and each of you can get a $50 Amazon gift voucher.

Vanda
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 21 Jun 2023, 02:29 PM

Hello Momchil,

Unfortunately, my organization does not allow me to upgrade Visual Studio on my own. I currently have the most up to date version we that is approved for use. Are there any other possible solutions?

Thanks

Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
commented on 22 Jun 2023, 02:23 PM

Hi, Vanda,

If upgrading the Visual Studio version is not possible for you, an alternative approach that I can suggest is to install an older version of the VS Extension. You can refer to the attached zipped file:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/ide/finding-and-using-visual-studio-extensions?view=vs-2022 

Make sure that the automatic update is disabled:  

Vanda
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 23 Jun 2023, 12:28 PM

Hello, 

Installing a previous version worked. Thanks for your help!

Tags
Visual Studio Extensions
Asked by
Vanda
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Momchil
Telerik team
Share this question
or