Issue with using any VS 2019 Telerik Winforms Extension functionality

0 Answers 100 Views
Visual Studio Extensions
Greg
Top achievements
Rank 1
Greg asked on 11 May 2023, 09:02 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm running into a peculiar issue with VS Community v17.0.4 2019 and the Telerik Extension.  When I attempt to launch the Upgrade Wizard (or most of the other options):

I get the following error to pop up:

Here is the full stack trace from that dialog as well:

Failed to execute command.

Microsoft.VisualStudio.Composition.CompositionFailedException: Expected 1 export(s) with contract name "NuGet.VisualStudio.IVsNuGetProjectUpdateEvents" but found 0 after applying applicable constraints.
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Composition.ExportProvider.GetExports(ImportDefinition importDefinition)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Composition.ExportProvider.GetExports[T,TMetadataView](String contractName, ImportCardinality cardinality)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Composition.ExportProvider.GetExport[T,TMetadataView](String contractName)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Composition.ExportProvider.GetExportedValue[T]()
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.ComponentModelHost.ComponentModel.GetService[T]()
   at Telerik.VSX.NuGet.NuGetPackageService..ctor()
   at Telerik.VSX.Internal.ProjectManagement.ProjectWrapUIComponentsBase..ctor(Project dteProject)
   at Telerik.WinControls.VSX.Helpers.ProjectWrapFactory.<>c.<.cctor>b__5_0(Project p)
   at Telerik.VSX.Internal.ProjectManagement.ProjectWrapFactoryBase`1.GetForProject(Project project)
   at Telerik.VSX.Internal.ProjectManagement.ProjectWrapFactoryBase`1.GetForFirstSelectedProject(IServiceProvider serviceProvider)
   at Telerik.WinControls.VSX.ProjectConfigurators.StreamlinedProjectConfiguration.GetDplConfigurationTypeSelector()
   at Telerik.WinControls.VSX.ProjectConfigurators.StreamlinedProjectConfiguration.StartPdfProcessingConfigurationWizard()
   at Telerik.VSX.VSPackage.PackageBase.CommandCallback(Object sender, EventArgs e)

I removed the extension & re-installed it, but the issue still persists.  Has anyone else seen this error before?

Nikola
Telerik team
commented on 12 May 2023, 06:38 AM

Hi Greg,

The exception occurs when we request to load a component from the Managed Extensibility Framework (MEF). This could potentially mean that there is a problem with the MEF itself or that the component is not present at all.

I would suggest repairing Visual Studio as a first step. If this doesn't resolve the issue you might need to update it to version 17.2 or higher if you are running a lower one. This is needed because the IVsNuGetProjectUpdateEvents interface we are trying to load is introduced in NuGet.VisualStudio 6.2.0 which is available in Visual Studio 2022 version 17.2.

Please try these out and let us know the outcome.

Greg
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 12 May 2023, 03:20 PM

Hello Nikola,

Thank you for the suggestions - I first tried updating Visual Studio and that did the trick!

Greg

No answers yet. Maybe you can help?

Tags
Visual Studio Extensions
Asked by
Greg
Top achievements
Rank 1
Share this question
or