This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Anchor not work during changing text size to 125%

5 Answers 2223 Views
Dock
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Peter Bogoyavlensky
Top achievements
Rank 1
Peter Bogoyavlensky asked on 14 Dec 2011, 11:25 AM
I am using Win7 system and latest build of Telerik package (2011.3 11.1116 - Nov 16, 2011).

I've made two similiar forms - using ordinary WinForm components (see f-100.png attached) and Telerik form (see t-100.png). No one Telerik theme was used.

When I change text size to 125% - these forms look like that:

a) Ordinary WinForm's form looks fine as expected - see f-125.png.

b) But Telerik form has different behavior (see t-125.png):

• GroupBox with anchored position comes out of border (groupbox with dock position has appropriate size).
  • Treeview with anchored position do not resized at all (treeview with dock position has appropriate size).
  • Buttons and textbox do not resized (to reflect change of text size) and their anchor position do not work.

I presume that other controls also have problems with anchoring position and resizing.

Note that Telerik form painted fine if we use 150% for changing text size (see t-150.png). Only 125% has that bug (actually, there are some interval from 120% to 135%, something like that).

Should I change something in code to prevent this (I mean, using dock position is not applicable all the time)?

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Jack
Telerik team
answered on 16 Dec 2011, 05:48 PM
Hi Peter Bogoyavlensky,

Thank you for contacting us.

I can confirm this issue. Currently, there is an issue when using custom DPI settings with XP-style scaling enabled. We know about this limitation and we will address the issue in one of our upcoming releases.

You should disable the XP-style scaling to solve the issue. Please follow these steps when using a Windows 7 PC:

1. Right click on the desktop and select Personalize.
2. Select Display.
3. Choose Set custom text size (DPI).
4. Uncheck the "Use Windows XP style DPI scaling" checkbox and click OK.

* Please note that the system may require a logout.

Another option will be to remove the following lines from your Designer.cs file:
this.AutoScaleDimensions = new System.Drawing.SizeF(6F, 13F);
this.AutoScaleMode = System.Windows.Forms.AutoScaleMode.Font;

However, this does not guarantee that your form will look OK in all cases.

Should you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Jack
the Telerik team

Q3’11 of RadControls for WinForms is available for download (see what's new). Get it today.

Lars
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Feb 2014, 12:02 PM
Hi
From the previous posts, it seems like a old problem that I've ran into.
Any news on a solution?
regards Lars
George
Telerik team
answered on 10 Feb 2014, 09:27 AM
Hello Lars,

Thank you for contacting us.

This problem is very common among WinForms. Currently, a 100% working solution does not exists. There are numerous discussions in the forums which give different possibilities to create a DPI-Aware application and may be of help in your case. You can read some of them here:

I hope this information will be helpful. Do not hesitate to write, should you have further questions.

Regards,
George
Telerik

Check out the new Telerik Platform - the only modular platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native apps. Register for the free online keynote and webinar to learn more about the Platform on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 at 11:00 a.m. ET (8:00 a.m. PT).

Alexander
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Dec 2016, 11:31 AM

Hi Guys,

I am using Win7 system and latest build of Telerik package (2016.2.608.40).

Wanted to state that there still exists problem when switching from 100% Zoom to 125% zoom, like size of the Grids,Textboxes and Lables used is totally disturbed (like their size, changes sometimes their position changes etc.)

Has this been solved yet or do you guys have a general solution to this.

Hristo
Telerik team
answered on 19 Dec 2016, 03:43 PM
Hi Alexander,

Thank you for writing.

Indeed, changing the zoom to a higher value may result in some undesired behavior. However, haveing docked or anchored controls should provide a proper layout which may appear blurred, however.

Please bear in mind that the WinForms applications are not DPI aware and this is a limitation of the technology itself. We have a blog post discussing this matter deeply and providing general approach guidelines of how higher DPI can be handled. Please check the blog post here: WinForms Scaling at Large DPI Settings–Is It Even Possible?.

I hope this information was useful. Should you have further questions please do not hesitate to write back.

Regards,
Hristo
Telerik by Progress
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Tags
Dock
Asked by
Peter Bogoyavlensky
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Jack
Telerik team
Lars
Top achievements
Rank 1