This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadMaskedEditBox Value not working in Q2 2011 version

21 Answers 233 Views
MaskedEditBox
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Javier Gonzalez de Aragon
Top achievements
Rank 2
Javier Gonzalez de Aragon asked on 31 Jul 2011, 02:25 AM
Hi. I use RadMaskedEditBox to display percent values. My code used the value property of the control to obtain the numeric value without the masked format and to assign values to the control form database fields. In Q2 2011 this is no longer possible because the value property returns the same values as the text property and when I assign values it no longer displays them correctly.

If my masked box displayed "4.00 %", the value property used to return 0.04. Now it returns "4.00 %". In the same way, if the database field had a value of 0.04 the masked box used to display "4.00 %" and now it displays "0.04 %".

Am I doing something wrong or is there a new way of doing this?

Thanks,

Javier Gonzalez de Aragon.

21 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Peter
Telerik team
answered on 03 Aug 2011, 10:12 AM
Hi Javier Gonzalez De Aragon,

I can confirm the issue.

We will address this misbehavior in our SP release at the end of August.

We have added points to your account for the report.

Do not hesitate to contact us if you have other questions.

Best wishes,
Peter
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get now >>

Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 11 Aug 2011, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the response. I wanted to let you know that the ReadOnly property isn't working either. It seems this control wasn't ready for release.

Peter
Telerik team
answered on 12 Aug 2011, 07:37 AM

Thank you very much for writing back.

We are aware of this issue and we will address it in our Service Pack planned for the beginning of September.

Do not hesitate to contact us if you encounter further issues.

Regards,
Peter
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get now >>

Catalin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
answered on 15 Aug 2011, 11:56 AM
Hello,

There seems to be a bigger problem, if you try to set the control value via code nothing happens:

radMaskedEditBox1.Value = "a value";
radMaskedEditBox1.Text = "a text";

In both cases the control does not refresh the value/text.
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 16 Aug 2011, 11:02 PM
Any chance it gets solved in a nightly build?

Peter
Telerik team
answered on 18 Aug 2011, 09:29 AM
Hello Catalin,

Thank you for writing.

I cannot reproduce the described issue - could you provide more details about the mask pattern and mask type? Please be aware that both properties Text and Value are validated properties. So, you cannot assign neither the value, nor the text if these properties cannot pass mask type validation.

@Javier
Before released, a build should pass several serious QA cycles. We have just fixed the reported issues and no QA cycles have been performed on the fixes and on the whole build. Our next Service Pack is due in the end of August/beginning of September (two weeks time frame) so we will be able to provide you with a build that you can use for production with the release of the SP1.

All the best,
Peter
the Telerik team

Catalin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
answered on 18 Aug 2011, 11:47 PM
Hello Peter,

The test is very straightforward, you just need to create a winforms project, add a RadMaskedEditBox on the default form and put the initialization code after the InitializeComponent call or on the click of a button.

So, if you put :

this.radMaskedEditBox1.Value = "test";
this.radMaskedEditBox1.Text = "test";

nothing happens.

Please note that I did not touch any of the control properties, the mask is empty - I guess that no validation is needed.

I tested with the last two versions:
- 2011.1 - the code works as expected, the control shows the correct value
- 2011.2 - the code does nothing, the control is empty

Have a nice day,
Catalin Laba.
Peter
Telerik team
answered on 22 Aug 2011, 07:04 AM
Hello Catalin,

Thank you for writing back.

Using the provided information I managed to find the shortcoming in RadMaskedEditBox when the MaskType is set to None. Please excuse us for the caused inconvenience. We will address this issue in our Service Pack scheduled for the beginning of September.

Thank you for reporting this issue. Your Telerik points have been updated. Do not hesitate to contact us, if you encounter further issues.

Best wishes,
Peter
the Telerik team

Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 01 Sep 2011, 01:48 AM
I've installed the SP1 release. The value property works as expected when you read the value, but if I assign a value using a percent mask the value isn't displayed as it should. If I assign a value of 0.08 I expect the control to display  "8.00 %", instead it displays "0.08 %". Is this the way it works now?

Thanks,

Peter
Telerik team
answered on 02 Sep 2011, 02:54 PM

Thank you for your feedback.

I can confirm this as an issue. We will provide fix for it in our next release.

We have added points to your account for reporting the issue. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have other questions.

Regards,
Peter
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 02 Sep 2011, 05:08 PM
Hi, do you have a time frame for the next release?

Thanks,

Peter
Telerik team
answered on 07 Sep 2011, 06:15 PM

We plan our next major release for November. I hope this is not too late for you. However, if the issue is a show stopper for you, we could prepare an internal build where the issue is addressed.

Please don not hesitate to contact me, if you have any other questions.

All the best,
Peter
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 07 Sep 2011, 06:22 PM
If you could address the issue with an internal build it would really help me.

Thanks,

Peter
Telerik team
answered on 08 Sep 2011, 03:31 PM

Thank you for writing me back. We will need some time in order to prepare the custom build. We will able to send the modified assemblies by the end of next week. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

Should you have any other questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Greetings,
Peter
the Telerik team

Peter
Telerik team
answered on 13 Sep 2011, 01:47 PM

Please find the answer to your enquiry in the support ticket named after the current forum thread - RadMaskedEditBox Value not working in Q2 2011 version. You can find the ticket in Your Account.

All the best,
Peter
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Alwin
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Jan 2012, 09:12 AM
Hello Peter.

this issue isn't fixed right now!
We have multiple RadMaskedEditBoxes with Mask "C" and MaskType Numeric. When getting the Value Property in my case the value is like "1.000,00 €" same as Text Property!
We need the fix (or workaround) ASAP, because we write some business software where you need to enter currency values in quite every formular!
This issue was fixed in release 2011.2.11.831 and now after upgrading to 2011.3.11.1219 the issue is back!

I had another issue, when i wanted to change the Value of a RadMaskedEditBox from "1.000,00 €" to "1.001,00 €". When i change the 0 to 1 the Value "100,10 €" appears in the RadMaskedEditBox!

Best regards
Alwin Nord
Morten
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Jan 2012, 06:29 PM

I can confirm that the issue has re-appeared, or at the very least, is still existent.

When using "c" as Mask, Culture "nb-NO" input given at the decimal point, or after it, is "applied" wrong,

i. e. "10,50" becomes "10,05". 

While using Swedish culture however, the behavior is correct.

Peter
Telerik team
answered on 10 Jan 2012, 03:47 PM
Hi All,

Thank you for writing.

@Alwin
You should set the TextMaskFormat property to ExcludePromtAndLiterals.
This property determines whether literals (like currency symbols) and prompt characters are included in the value property.

this.radMaskedEditBox1.TextMaskFormat=System.Windows.Forms.MaskFormat.ExcludePromptAndLiterals;

@Morten
We are aware of this issue and we provided a fix for it in our Q3 Release.

I hope this helps.

I hope this helps.
Best wishes,
Peter
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Alwin
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Jan 2012, 01:48 PM
Hello Peter,

TextMaskFormat is exaclty what i needed. Why isn't this value, the Defaultvalue of the control in order to let the behavior of the control as is has been before? In the version notes of 2011.3.11.1116 it says:

ADDED: TextMaskFormat property that manages the literals in the Value property.
That means, this is optional and old behavior isn't touched! In other ways you got to create a breaking change for that!

Best regards

Morten
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Jan 2012, 01:26 PM

Thank you for you response,

but I am using 2011.3.11.1116 and the problem has not lost any of it's characteristics ("nb-NO") since Q2?

Accepted
Peter
Telerik team
answered on 16 Jan 2012, 11:58 AM
Hi All,

@Morten
We addressed this in our Q3 2011 SP1 version - v2011.3.11.1219 

@Alwin
We will change the default value of TextMaskFormat property to ExcludePromptAndLiterals in order to avoid breaking changes in our next version.

Do not hesitate to contact us if you have other questions.

All the best,
Peter
the Telerik team

SP1 of Q3’11 of RadControls for WinForms is available for download (see what's new).

Tags
MaskedEditBox
Asked by
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Peter
Telerik team
Top achievements
Rank 2