This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadDateTimePicker size at screen 125%

5 Answers 175 Views
DateTimePicker
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Frank Beerens
Top achievements
Rank 1
Frank Beerens asked on 11 Apr 2014, 12:57 PM
Hi,

The RadDateTimePicker does not resize when the screen is set to 125%.
In the attachment you can see the difference between the RadTextBox and the RadDateTimePicker.

Any ideas how to solve this?

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
answered on 16 Apr 2014, 06:40 AM
Hello Frank,

Thank you for writing.

Please refer to our "WinForms scaling at large DPI settings – is it even possible?" blog post, related to the scaling mechanism of the WinForms platform and how to adjust controls' size according to the scale size. 

Should you have further questions, I would be glad to help.

Regards,
Desislava
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Frank Beerens
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Apr 2014, 06:56 AM
Hello Desislava,

I have read that post, but don't see the answer. My controls all use the autoscalemode font property, and are designed under 96 DPI.
Still the scaling does not work correctly when using a RadDateTimePicker, while the RadTextBox scales fine.

Regards
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
answered on 18 Apr 2014, 01:01 PM
Hello Frank,

I have tried to reproduce the described behavior but to no avail. As you can see on the attached screenshots, RadDateTimePicker scales correctly under all different screen settings. There might be something specific about your case which we are missing. Therefore, I would kindly ask you to send us a sample project which demonstrates the wrong scaling. This will let us provide you with further support.

Thank you for your cooperation. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Ivan Todorov
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Frank Beerens
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Apr 2014, 12:12 PM
Hi Ivan,

The issue occurs when using the Windows 8 theme. I am using a Windows 7 pc, don't know if that makes any difference.

Regards
Accepted
Telerik team
answered on 24 Apr 2014, 06:00 AM
Hello Frank,

Thank you for writing back.

I was able to reproduce the problem that you are facing with Windows8 theme. I have logged it in our Feedback Portal. You can track its progress, subscribe for status changes and add your vote/comment to it on the following link - Feedback Item.

I have also updated your 
Telerik points.

Currently, the possible solution that I can suggest is to adjust the DateTimePickerElement.MinSize and DateTimePickerElement.TextBoxElement.MinSize properties:
public Form1()
{
    InitializeComponent();
    ThemeResolutionService.ApplicationThemeName = "Windows8";

this.radDateTimePicker1.DateTimePickerElement.MinSize = new Size(0, radDateTimePicker1.Height);
    this.radDateTimePicker1.DateTimePickerElement.TextBoxElement.MinSize = new Size(0, radDateTimePicker1.Height);

}

I hope this information helps. If you have any additional questions, please let me know.

Regards,
Desislava
Telerik

Check out Telerik Analytics, the service which allows developers to discover app usage patterns, analyze user data, log exceptions, solve problems and profile application performance at run time. Watch the videos and start improving your app based on facts, not hunches.

Tags
DateTimePicker
Asked by
Frank Beerens
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Telerik team
Frank Beerens
Top achievements
Rank 1