Q3 2012 RadDateTimePicker crash

8 posts, 0 answers
  1. Javier
    Javier avatar
    1 posts

Posted 19 Oct 2012 Link to this post

Hi,

Yesterday I installed Q3 2012 over Framework 4.0 Visual Studio 2010. When I try to place a DateTimePicker in a Form VS gives me an error message (see attachment).

My machine runs Windows 7, 32 bits. Any ideas?
    Best regards.
  2. Eugene
    Eugene avatar
    1 posts

Hi all,
    Win7, Studion2010 english, .net 4.0, VB
    whats interesting,
    after downloading source, and rebuilding it locally
    uninstalling telerik winforms components,
    and referencing those which were rebuilt by me, i can add control ...
    but its a bit not proper way ?

and also, if control already exists on form, i can build, but have an error during runtime mode :

System.NullReferenceException was unhandled

Message=Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source=Telerik.WinControls.UI

StackTrace:

at Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadDateTimePickerElement.SetBehavior(RadDateTimePickerBehaviorDirector childrenDirector)

at Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadDateTimePickerElement.CreateChildElements()

at Telerik.WinControls.RadElement.CallCreateChildElements()

at Telerik.WinControls.RadElement.Construct()

at Telerik.WinControls.RadElement..ctor()

at Telerik.WinControls.RadItem..ctor()

at Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadDateTimePickerElement..ctor()

at Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadDateTimePicker.CreateChildItems(RadElement parent)

at Telerik.WinControls.RadControl.Telerik.WinControls.IComponentTreeHandler.CreateChildItems(RadElement parent)

at Telerik.WinControls.RadElementTree.InitializeRootElement()

at Telerik.WinControls.RadControl.Construct()

at Telerik.WinControls.RadControl..ctor()

at Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadDateTimePicker..ctor()

at Enforcement_Final.FrmRoadsideChecksVI.InitializeComponent() in C:\work\Enforcement_Final\frmRoadsideChecksVI.Designer.vb:line 74

at Enforcement_Final.FrmRoadsideChecksVI..ctor()

at Enforcement_Final.Main.openForm(Int32 formnanme, RadDock& RadDock1, String regno_value, String customer_value, Form parentForm, Boolean closeparentfrom) in C:\work\Enforcement_Final\Modules\Module1.vb:line 85

at Enforcement_Final.frmMain.CommandBarButton7_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\work\Enforcement_Final\frmMain.vb:line 38

at Telerik.WinControls.RadItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadCommandBarBaseItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at Telerik.WinControls.RadItem.DoClick(EventArgs e)

at Telerik.WinControls.RadItem.RaiseBubbleEvent(RadElement sender, RoutedEventArgs args)

at Telerik.WinControls.RadElement.RaiseRoutedEvent(RadElement sender, RoutedEventArgs args)

at Telerik.WinControls.RadItem.RaiseBubbleEvent(RadElement sender, RoutedEventArgs args)

at Telerik.WinControls.RadElement.RaiseRoutedEvent(RadElement sender, RoutedEventArgs args)

at Telerik.WinControls.RadElement.DoMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)

at Telerik.WinControls.ComponentInputBehavior.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)

at Telerik.WinControls.RadControl.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at Telerik.WinControls.RadControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnRun()

at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.DoApplicationModel()

at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.Run(String[] commandLine)

at Enforcement_Final.My.MyApplication.Main(String[] Args) in 17d14f5c-a337-4978-8281-53493378c1071.vb:line 81

at System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String[] args)

at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

3. UI for WinForms is Visual Studio 2017 Ready
  4. Doug
    Doug avatar
    26 posts

I am experiencing the same thing when trying add a control or load a form with the controls on it;

Doug

5. Doug
    Doug avatar
    26 posts

As an update, the C# demo in the Q3 2012 Rad Winform Examples section will not load the RadRibbonForm1 in the designer either with the messages imaged in my previous post.   All related to ....Controls.Add(this.dateDateTimePicker)  code line.
  6. Stefan
    Admin
    Stefan avatar
    2891 posts

Posted 22 Oct 2012 Link to this post

Hello,

Thank you for writing.

We are aware of this issue and I am glad to inform you that it is already addressed in a silent and an internal build. You can either use the internal build, or to uninstall the current version from your computer, download the installer once again (the silent build) and reinstall the suite with it. 

To download the installer:
    - Login to your Account
    - Click Manage products > DefCraft [version]
    - Click the Download installer and other resources button on the right
    - Click the Browse all files link in the RadControls for WinForms pane
    - Click the Automatic installation link

Please excuse us for the introduced inconvenience. Let me know if you continue experiencing the issue afterwards.

Greetings,
    Stefan
    the Telerik team
    You’ve been asking for it and now it’s time for us to deliver. RadControls for WinForms Q3 2012 release is just around the corner. Sign up for a free webinar to see first all the latest enhancements.
  7. Tarik
    Tarik avatar
    4 posts

Posted 29 Nov 2012 Link to this post

I have the same situation here , i'm running Windows 7 64 bit , VS 2010 , Telerik  2013 Q3
    We have tried the solution mentioned above but did not work , any alternative to fix this issue ?
  8. Stefan
    Admin
    Stefan avatar
    2891 posts

Posted 04 Dec 2012 Link to this post

Hello Tarik,

The crash discussed in this thread is addressed in the internal build mentioned above.

If it does not work for you please open a new support ticket with your project and detailed description of the steps that we need to take to reproduce the error and we will investigate what causes it and will address it if needed.

Thank you in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,
    Stefan
    the Telerik team
    Q3’12 of RadControls for WinForms is available for download (see what's new). Get it today.
  9. Tarik
    Tarik avatar
    4 posts

Posted 04 Dec 2012 Link to this post

Thank you ,
    Using the internal build solved my problem
UI for WinForms is Visual Studio 2017 Ready